Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Casual hockey fan question (/forums/showthread.php?t=978475)

capa 11-08-2020 07:52 AM

Casual hockey fan question

Hoping to get a little feedback on what may seem as a ridiculous question.

I am a casual hockey fan...I watch now and then. I am older and my stick skills just do not exist :) I got into hockey a bit when my son played in high school and was captain of the team. I am more of a baseball guy.

Regardless, I was wondering if there is anyone who "plays" this game in a coach mode. Is that possible? If so, what decisions do you have to make during the game? Line switches? Personnel on lines? etc...

I know this game is made for playing, but I was hoping to enjoy a coach mode or cpu vs cpu mode. I would love to play with the oldtime classic teams I remember as a kid in the 60's and 70's.

Thank you for any input!

C

BigBadAss33 11-09-2020 05:26 AM

Re: Casual hockey fan question

Quote:

Originally Posted by capa (Post 2050255645)
Hoping to get a little feedback on what may seem as a ridiculous question.

I am a casual hockey fan...I watch now and then. I am older and my stick skills just do not exist :) I got into hockey a bit when my son played in high school and was captain of the team. I am more of a baseball guy.

Regardless, I was wondering if there is anyone who "plays" this game in a coach mode. Is that possible? If so, what decisions do you have to make during the game? Line switches? Personnel on lines? etc...

I know this game is made for playing, but I was hoping to enjoy a coach mode or cpu vs cpu mode. I would love to play with the oldtime classic teams I remember as a kid in the 60's and 70's.

Thank you for any input!

C

YES to all your questions..

I wouldn't per say enjoy coaching a game but maybe FRANCHISE is more your speed you could be both the GM and COACH.

When you enter a game there is an option by pressing the L3(left Stick DOWN) to select what position you want to play. You would choose CO for COACH.

I know in the game in Coach mode you have all the options as if you were playing except controlling players manually on the ice. Line changes, strategies everything.

to play ac classic teams I think you would have to edit all the rosters but I am not 100% sure about that
Hope this helps

BigBadAss33