Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K21 Xbox Series X Gameplay Video - Brooklyn Nets vs. Golden St. Warriors (25 Minutes) (/forums/showthread.php?t=978544)

Dione2014 11-09-2020 08:29 PM

NBA 2K21 Xbox Series X Gameplay Video - Brooklyn Nets vs. Golden St. Warriors (25 Minutes)

GhostRobo provides the commentary and posted some new NBA 2K21 gameplay footage from the Xbox Series X....

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

ksuttonjr76 11-09-2020 08:33 PM

Re: NBA 2K21 Next Gen gameplay (Warriors vs Nets)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dione2014 (Post 2050256791)

Okay...my faith is restored in the graphics. This will look so good on my 4KTV, and I'm starting to feel the new camera angle.

ksuttonjr76 11-09-2020 08:34 PM

Hmmmm...I just thought about the possibility of Day 1 patch for this game that might add to the graphics.

Optik 11-09-2020 09:07 PM

Someone turned the contrast waaaay down. That yellow looks depressing.

Daddy123 11-09-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optik (Post 2050256815)
Someone turned the contrast waaaay down. That yellow looks depressing.

That is how HDR is recorded unless they go and edit in the colors, it will look better on TV or someone editing the footage with the colors after

scottyp180 11-09-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2050256798)
Hmmmm...I just thought about the possibility of Day 1 patch for this game that might add to the graphics.

Feel like it will look a little different with HDR enabled too.

allBthere 11-09-2020 09:53 PM

I notice the players really look good when they're 'warmed up' and have sweat - before that when they're dry they are not nearly ias impressive.

It's kind of cool they don't start that way, but at the same time, maybe they should because the skin doesn't look impressive until the reflections start happening.

I absolutely love the camera too.

One thing 2k could start doing is adding some slow motion replays and get rid of the herky jerky ones because professional camera operators don't do that. and in the playoffs they add super slow motion, but no one is moving around violently. They did tone it down a bit because they added new angles, but they could make 3-balls look sice with smooth speed ramps and so on.

The colour - I really can't tell, I have uploaded a few clips and sometimes they look washed a bit compared to actual gameplay, but some of these dudes might be capturing better than me because a) it's the series x and b) maybe there are settign I've overlooked.

Even if those colours are true, I'm ok with it and if it really bugged me I'd consider moving he saturation level up on my tv.

I'm really looking forward to this 2k though, the gameply looks great - much better than any previou 2k imo.

SlimFast_GymRat 11-10-2020 12:59 AM

Re: NBA 2K21 Xbox Series X Gameplay Video - Brooklyn Nets vs. Golden St. Warriors (25

Overall, the game is a good improvement. Here's some takeaways:

• The game appears to be on rookie/pro difficulty. Play execution may have been better from the CPU on higher settings, but I'm not sure as tendencies are probably untouched.

• Dribbling & Movement looked great! A lot more fluid and natural. I even seen player switch the ball between hands in the correct scenarios. When players blew by perimeter defenders there was no sliding or excessive "wall-up" defense to recover. Freedom of movement definitely stood out to me.

• While sig. shots need to be updated, I seen some nice new pullups, new contests on shots around the rim, as well as proper layup animations in the appropriate context.

• Defensive P&R actions from the AI need to improve next year.

• Even though players at times still get caught in animations, they seem to initiate more at the correct moments. No unrealistic contests or blocks from 30 feet behind the player or weird contact in unwarranted sequences.

• Both the user & CPU played sub-average basketball. Sometimes playstyles can make a game appear worse than what it is. I felt the user could've laid off the speed and swung the ball a bit more to show some freelance action. It would've also been nice to see Steph & Klay in the midst of more off-ball movement coming off of pindowns, but I understand the prospect in trying to grasp the feel of a new game.

• I can't wait to see how this game plays with more accurate rosters (sig. shots/layup/dribble packages) and tendencies. The CPU's execution on set plays was less than stellar: I didn't see enough use of different moves around the rim, there was very little post play, the stepback wasn't utilized enough and there were too many instances of "full steem ahead" reactions.

• Some colors seem a bit washed; a reaction to the lighting, I suppose, but still.

• Some players/coaches are deserving of new facescans (ie. Jimmy Butler/Steve Nash). If every player is scanned the way Steph & Klay were in the future... Lord have mercy.

• The RT/reflections make a huge impression. Graphics look insane for JUST the 1st year of next-gen!