Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Until they fix slashing this game will remain an arcade game (/forums/showthread.php?t=978808)

HBKSean216 11-15-2020 03:26 PM

Until they fix slashing this game will remain an arcade game

I'm one who hates all the "this game is broken" whiners but this game is literally broken.

Slashing is a joke. An absolute joke. Specifically in Rec and proam slashing builds are blowing past eveyrone and finishing contact dunks EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. The alley oops are pure comedy. People are throwing Oops all over the court. You see 5+ alley oops from 35 feet away off the backboard and someone grabs it within looking and dunks it.

Until this is fixed this game can be considered broken.

The 24th Letter 11-15-2020 03:52 PM

Re: Until they fix slashing this game will remain an arcade game

Charges. This isn't a 'git gud' response, but my rec squad has a ton of them.

They absolutely work on NG. Good time to bring back that badge

That said I think the contact dunk animation could be scaled to not activate as far back.

Thetruth9012 11-15-2020 04:14 PM

Dunking and alleyops are a joke i agree... It was on current gen aswell evn playsharp were dunking a lot....

Wysłane z mojego CPH2015 przy użyciu Tapatalka

allBthere 11-15-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBKSean216 (Post 2050261949)
I'm one who hates all the "this game is broken" whiners but this game is literally broken.

Slashing is a joke. An absolute joke. Specifically in Rec and proam slashing builds are blowing past eveyrone and finishing contact dunks EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION. The alley oops are pure comedy. People are throwing Oops all over the court. You see 5+ alley oops from 35 feet away off the backboard and someone grabs it within looking and dunks it.

Until this is fixed this game can be considered broken.

the modes you are playing ARE arcade. Even the animations for those modes are way over the top - it's action oritentated. It's call of Duty vs ARMA... I play offline NBA 90% of the time and there is nothing like that there. So of course the modes with the fun-house mirror impossible animations is more arcade and all dunks alley oops, crazy dribbles and 3's...

If you want sim you're def playing the wrong modes.

tb0622 11-15-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2050261978)
the modes you are playing ARE arcade. Even the animations for those modes are way over the top - it's action oritentated. It's call of Duty vs ARMA... I play offline NBA 90% of the time and there is nothing like that there. So of course the modes with the fun-house mirror impossible animations is more arcade and all dunks alley oops, crazy dribbles and 3's...

If you want sim you're def playing the wrong modes.

This right here. Myplayer and Myteam are inherently arcade modes. And that's why I don't play them as much.

Thetruth9012 11-15-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb0622 (Post 2050261985)
This right here. Myplayer and Myteam are inherently arcade modes. And that's why I don't play them as much.

It was never that bad tho...

Wysłane z mojego CPH2015 przy użyciu Tapatalka

tru11 11-15-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tb0622 (Post 2050261985)

Cages and park are arcade.

Jrc and pro am arent supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The 24th Letter 11-15-2020 05:35 PM

Rec is as sim as the players.

5 people playing in sync can use basketball strategy to beat the other.

**** you can see that in Park sometimes.

Last gen, those situations felt more like basketball than the NBA side sometimes.
Especially PNO

The biggest issue is the inflated shooting IMO. Everything else has a legit counter.