Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art issues (/forums/showthread.php?t=979020)

Bexthelegend 11-20-2020 06:51 AM

If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art issues

Imagine if crossplay is implemented, and when you go to 2k share you can download items from all platforms. Being able to download a PC modders version of a player would be huge. Same thing with court designs. If this were a thing, it might actually resolve 99% of the art issues we have every year.

Bad Cap face for Patrick Ewing? Download player dna for him from a PC modder. Would take a lot of pressure off the devs

cingelsby 11-20-2020 07:44 AM

Re: If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art iss

100% Agree, this would be huge and we would have access to the best classic team rosters

midwestking100 11-20-2020 11:14 AM

Re: If Crossplay allows us to download pc roster shares it would fix a lot of art iss

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bexthelegend (Post 2050266139)
Imagine if crossplay is implemented, and when you go to 2k share you can download items from all platforms. Being able to download a PC modders version of a player would be huge. Same thing with court designs. If this were a thing, it might actually resolve 99% of the art issues we have every year.

Bad Cap face for Patrick Ewing? Download player dna for him from a PC modder. Would take a lot of pressure off the devs

This 1000 percent. This would persuade me to really upgrade my system so 2k can take all of my money. Wouldnt hear a complaint from me anymore.

martymcflyy85 11-21-2020 09:38 AM

I co-sign this request.

midwestking100 11-22-2020 03:35 AM

Im praying for this to happen for us classic rosters sake. I want to at least run with barkley once in a video game instead of a carbon copy

youALREADYknow 11-22-2020 07:25 AM

I don’t think what you’re suggesting is possible even with Crossplay.

Most player mods are additional game files or updated game assets that would never be allowed to be downloaded onto a console outside of 2KShare uploads. The edits to FaceID, MuralID, etc that happen on PC mods would leave a console user with broken cyberfaces all over the place. Global mods also aren’t included in a roster file.

XxKnicksRules215xX 11-22-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youALREADYknow (Post 2050267816)

Most player mods are additional game files or updated game assets that would never be allowed to be downloaded onto a console outside of 2KShare uploads. The edits to FaceID, MuralID, etc that happen on PC mods would leave a console user with broken cyberfaces all over the place. Global mods also aren’t included in a roster file.

I’m glad someone finally said it lmao.

jk31 11-22-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youALREADYknow (Post 2050267816)

i mean even if the Art files some how end up on the console, then you'd still need the nba 2k hook Tool that allows external Art files to be loaded up.