Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   MyNBA Fantasy Draft (/forums/showthread.php?t=979062)

Bm7414206 11-21-2020 02:52 AM

MyNBA Fantasy Draft

Hey I'm kinda new to 2K and was going to do a Fantasy draft and was wondering what strategies or tips or how u guys draft. Like what position in draft, what positions do u draft first? Etc.. thanks for the tips

Gramps91 11-21-2020 06:45 AM

Re: MyNBA Fantasy Draft

Basketball is different than some other sports where one position is more important than another.

I usually try to draft star players first (regardless of position) and build around them. Players are sorted by overall so you might want to grab one of the top players available to you at your pick and then build with different positions to surround that star player.

Something I have done before is use a calculator or random.org and do like a random number thing like 1-25. 1-5 would be the top 5 point guards available, 6-10 shooting guards, 11-15 small fowards, 16-20 Power Fowards, 21-25 Centers. Pick your first number, say you get 12, you'd select the 2nd best small foward, then with your next pick do 1-20 excluding the small foward position. Keep doing this until you get one player at each position for your starters and then do it again to get a bench player at each position.

You could also try to draft to build a team with a certain strength. For instance, you may want to build a team that has many great outside shooters, in the fantasy draft just try to get multiple players at multiple positions with a great outside shot rating.

Some people want to build with youth and just draft a bunch of young players and hope their potential brings them success in the future.

It's really up to you, it's been said that the big man positions are dead or that basketball is now a guards game. There's also an argument that basketball has gone positionless. Regardless, there really isn't one particular position that you HAVE to draft first over another.

I think it's always a good idea to have at least two players at each position but that's just me.

Bm7414206 11-21-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888 (Post 2050267044)
Basketball is different than some other sports where one position is more important than another.

I usually try to draft star players first (regardless of position) and build around them. Players are sorted by overall so you might want to grab one of the top players available to you at your pick and then build with different positions to surround that star player.

Something I have done before is use a calculator or random.org and do like a random number thing like 1-25. 1-5 would be the top 5 point guards available, 6-10 shooting guards, 11-15 small fowards, 16-20 Power Fowards, 21-25 Centers. Pick your first number, say you get 12, you'd select the 2nd best small foward, then with your next pick do 1-20 excluding the small foward position. Keep doing this until you get one player at each position for your starters and then do it again to get a bench player at each position.

You could also try to draft to build a team with a certain strength. For instance, you may want to build a team that has many great outside shooters, in the fantasy draft just try to get multiple players at multiple positions with a great outside shot rating.

Some people want to build with youth and just draft a bunch of young players and hope their potential brings them success in the future.

It's really up to you, it's been said that the big man positions are dead or that basketball is now a guards game. There's also an argument that basketball has gone positionless. Regardless, there really isn't one particular position that you HAVE to draft first over another.

I think it's always a good idea to have at least two players at each position but that's just me.

I've been doing some mock drafts just trying to see how i want it to go, and I kinda wanna do a SG and either a C or PF with my 1st 2 picks and rounding out from there. From the dew mock drafts I've done I've landed either PF Siakam and SG Brown with my 1st 2 picks or SG Mitchell and C Ayton. And then rounding my team out from those 2 stars.

Bm7414206 11-21-2020 05:00 PM

I'm trying to make a good defensive team who can also score because im not amazing on either side of the ball lol so trying to find players who have a B or better rating at defense but who can also score some