Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique (/forums/showthread.php?t=979131)

jpdavis82 11-23-2020 11:13 AM

Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...nitial-reveal/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khaliib 11-23-2020 05:14 PM

Re: Follow up Q&A with Madden 21 Devs by Brian Mazique

I don’t like the reference use of “across all Modes” because it’s beyond evident that these communities want vastly different experiences and gameplay outcomes and the fact that we’re not seeing/hearing a greater use of game development towards experiences that fits those communities desires can be a red flag of a possible carry over of the problems this has caused with the Current-Gen console Madden.

PVarck31 11-23-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2050269017)
I don’t like the reference use of “across all Modes” because it’s beyond evident that these communities want vastly different experiences and gameplay outcomes and the fact that we’re not seeing/hearing a greater use of game development towards experiences that fits those communities desires can be a red flag of a possible carry over of the problems this has caused with the Current-Gen console Madden.

He said that weather will affect players in simulation mode. So that seems to be where they will be using weather effects on gameplay. Sounds like it won't be used in comp or arcade.

So that right there tells me they are wanting to make sim more sim. But we'll see.

jfsolo 11-23-2020 06:18 PM

From things he's said I do get the sense that Connor Dugan is supportive of simulation style players, but of course that doesn't mean that he will necessarily ever get the resources needed to implement many of the things that we here would want. This isn't new with Madden of course, but it's still good to have some advocates in decision making positions even if they aren't the top dogs.

khaliib 11-23-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PVarck31 (Post 2050269057)
He said that weather will affect players in simulation mode. So that seems to be where they will be using weather effects on gameplay. Sounds like it won't be used in comp or arcade.

So that right there tells me they are wanting to make sim more sim. But we'll see.

Yeah, it’s just when he utilize the phrase “Across all Modes” in response to a Franchise specific question pertaining to Injuries that’s a feature which is already in Current-Gen, I just became befuddled why he responded that way to that question.

Hopefully I’m just reading too much into a short answer to a quick Q/A moment.

Darth Aegis 11-23-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PVarck31 (Post 2050269057)

Well players already slip in the rain. I would be really surprised if EA goes above & beyond that aspect.

Balldude777 11-23-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milticket (Post 2050269120)
Well players already slip in the rain. I would be really surprised if EA goes above & beyond that aspect.

Now that they have this Next Gen Stats thing, I think they could realistically put in player movements when played in the rain/snow and see the direct correlation of how it effects route running, running backs cutting, linemen pulling, etc. Hopefully this is something they will take advantage of in the coming Madden's.