Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Next-Gen NBA 2K21 Issues: Separating the Technical From the 'Fun' (/forums/showthread.php?t=979141)

ChaseB 11-23-2020 06:04 PM

Next-Gen NBA 2K21 Issues: Separating the Technical From the 'Fun'

Everyone was obviously expecting there to be next-gen NBA 2K21 issues. 2K usually struggles with the...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

ChaseB 11-23-2020 06:05 PM

Re: Next-Gen NBA 2K21 Issues: Separating the Technical From the 'Fun'

As usual, seen a lot of people say "game breaking" and stuff far too often, and just wanted to talk about separating out bugs from the meta and preach some patience here with a game I think is in a much better spot than current gen was at the same point.

In other words, don't patch this game into the ground right away, instead just focus on the actual technical bugs for the time being and let the meta shake out a bit more since I think 2K has been too quick to patch gameplay in the past (as have many other developers).

jfsolo 11-23-2020 06:12 PM

As someone who is waiting for the rosters to be finalized and for the second patch before I buy the game, it has certainly been harrowing to here so many conflicting opinions about it from people who know all want a realistic playing basketball game.

EccentricMeat 11-23-2020 06:54 PM

“But let me be clear from the start that there’s a lot of issues here. Instead of maybe one or two ‘major’ issues being the problem, it’s like 100 small cuts just taking away from the enjoyment”.

I couldn’t agree more. As an offline-only User vs. CPU player, there are 0 gamebreaking bugs or gameplay shortcomings that completely ruin the experience (outside of the PnR bug that had the hedge defender reacting in the opposite direction they were supposed to, which was quickly fixed by a tuner update), but there are a ton of minor issues that 2K has gotten right in the past that I fully expect them to fix with an upcoming patch.

alabamarob 11-23-2020 06:58 PM

If they fix the defensive settings to were the work properly, and fix help defense the game will be the best basketball game ever. It won’t even be close.

Haven’t played a video game this much since back in the 90’s or 2k11.

ChaseB 11-23-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2050269087)
If they fix the defensive settings to were the work properly, and fix help defense the game will be the best basketball game ever. It won’t even be close.

Haven’t played a video game this much since back in the 90’s or 2k11.

Rob if you want to detail these in a post, or already posted them somewhere, just be sure to link me. I think I generally know what you're talking about but wanna make sure.

HBKSean216 11-24-2020 03:16 AM

"smoove" is an absolute moron who's never stepped foot on a court in his life if he thinks that contact dunks aren't an issue in this game. This is NOT realistic..... Not even close*

Thrustie 11-24-2020 11:09 AM

I’m definitely enjoying the gameplay and think they did an excellent job, mostly, in building a solid engine for the game.

As you said, the Technical issues can add up to detract from the experience. As a primary Rec player the 60 overall AIs, lack of penalty for dashboarding and incorrect stat recording/display are annoying and need to be rectified.

From a balancing perspective, the contact dunks are a bit over the top and coupled with all the players being more or less Demi-gods raises some concern for me. 5 out is becoming the norm even for groups of randoms and with all that space, it’s pretty hard to defend from the top of the arc. Sag off and you get sprayed on, body up and you get dunked on. Rotating over to help contest the drive feels even more futile now because if they don’t just kick it to the player you left open, they cram it on your head. I feel like they need to dial back both shooting and contact dunks if we’re going to have anything that feels like basketball in the myplayer modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports