Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Next Gen Signature Shots (/forums/showthread.php?t=979152)

miller31time 11-24-2020 12:50 AM

Next Gen Signature Shots

I searched Operation Sports for a while and couldn’t find a thread for this. If there is one already, feel free to close this one down.

One of my biggest complaints every year with NBA 2K is their lack of attention to signature shots, free throws, moves and styles. I feel like if they spent more time on this aspect of the game, the immersion factor would skyrocket.

But every year, I check the rosters and it’s just CTRL-C, CTRL-V from the previous season.

So with that being said, were there any big additions to signature shots/moves/etc this year? Haven’t noticed anything from the gameplay videos I’ve seen but I’d love to be wrong!

JKSportsGamer1984 11-24-2020 10:57 AM

Re: Next Gen Signature Shots

Quote:

Originally Posted by miller31time (Post 2050269305)
I searched Operation Sports for a while and couldn’t find a thread for this. If there is one already, feel free to close this one down.

One of my biggest complaints every year with NBA 2K is their lack of attention to signature shots, free throws, moves and styles. I feel like if they spent more time on this aspect of the game, the immersion factor would skyrocket.

But every year, I check the rosters and it’s just CTRL-C, CTRL-V from the previous season.

So with that being said, were there any big additions to signature shots/moves/etc this year? Haven’t noticed anything from the gameplay videos I’ve seen but I’d love to be wrong!

Bro I'm a stickler for sig shots too. I must say the sig shots on Next Gen are much better. For example they nailed Lebron's, Kyrie's, Harden's, Dame's etc. There are still some that could use improvement but much better overall.

JKSportsGamer1984 11-24-2020 11:00 AM

Also players have more variety when shooting. There's lots of subtleties & animation adjustments depending on the angle you're shooting at, contact shots, etc. I'm noticing new animations almost every time I play.

BDoTx 11-24-2020 12:16 PM

Lebrons little stare at the ball for a sec before he shoots is right on point as well

loso_34 11-24-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984 (Post 2050269546)
Bro I'm a stickler for sig shots too. I must say the sig shots on Next Gen are much better. For example they nailed Lebron's, Kyrie's, Harden's, Dame's etc. There are still some that could use improvement but much better overall.

Dame's is still off..he doesn't release the ball above his head irl. his "mo-cap" jumper is the same one they've used for years.

harden/kyrie are accurate but they took those from youtubers who got it right.

miller31time 11-25-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984 (Post 2050269546)

Thanks for the response. I really hope that, as we move to NBA 2K22, we’ll start getting a lot more signature content that spans past just the stars and superstars.

Hell, I’d even be happy if they got one of the people from this website who (like me) spend the first week when they buy the game editing sig shots to match reality.

taildog 11-26-2020 07:02 AM

Less variety of pull up, spin and step back/hop jumpers to assign to players