Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Shot fake with contact under the rim? (/forums/showthread.php?t=979215)

jk31 11-25-2020 09:11 AM

Shot fake with contact under the rim?

How am I able to do a simple shot fake while being under the rim with a defender in contact with you? I struggle to do that since literally years (must've been 2k16 or so?). I like to pull a shot fake directly under the rim as 99% of the playerbase of 2k is just clueless low IQ players who will jump at everything, still 9 out of 10 times tipping the "X" button for a glimpse of a millisecond will result in a "very early" layup attempt that of course gets contested heavily (because my opponent - no wonder - jumps at the "fake") and misses. I really, really hate that. I outsmart my opponent most of the time in these kinds of situations still the game punishes me for being smarter than my opponent.

Should I switch to pass fakes instead?

allBthere 11-25-2020 09:26 AM

Re: Shot fake with contact under the rim?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk31 (Post 2050270242)
How am I able to do a simple shot fake while being under the rim with a defender in contact with you? I struggle to do that since literally years (must've been 2k16 or so?). I like to pull a shot fake directly under the rim as 99% of the playerbase of 2k is just clueless low IQ players who will jump at everything, still 9 out of 10 times tipping the "X" button for a glimpse of a millisecond will result in a "very early" layup attempt that of course gets contested heavily (because my opponent - no wonder - jumps at the "fake") and misses. I really, really hate that. I outsmart my opponent most of the time in these kinds of situations still the game punishes me for being smarter than my opponent.

Should I switch to pass fakes instead?

try with LT pushed down too just quickly. I pumped under the rim just yesterday and watched the AI fly in the air.

tru11 11-26-2020 01:46 AM

On the ps my fakes are done with the analog.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

jk31 11-26-2020 07:10 AM

I know that I can do fakes, with analog sticks, too, but from my experience these will sometimes react in an unintended way. I really fear that using analog sticks will result in some "fancy" dribble combinations in these situations.
Outside of contact under the rim situations, fakes with the shot button are just fine. It's only in these kinds of situations that the game does not want you to fake.

I mean, when just pressing the analog stick in one direction to shoot, the players sometimes performs a chain of different dribbles moves with shooting at the end (this was before 2k21, so before dribble moves where you hold the stick).

But I will give both of your suggestions a try...