Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Does playbook and scheme affect stats in franchise mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=979282)

Shamhat1915 11-26-2020 01:50 PM

Does playbook and scheme affect stats in franchise mode?

I've been trying to figure this out. I'm fairly certain playbooks have some impact on your teams stats in franchise mode, but does the scheme do so as well? I prefer a sim/coach mode style of play where I don't play many games and focus more on the team building aspect, and am trying to figure out the best way to set up my team for success.
Don't think it'll make a difference, but for reference I'm using the Detroit Lions. So if you have any suggestions for a playbook or scheme to use as well I would welcome it.

jay87 11-26-2020 02:36 PM

Re: Does playbook and scheme affect stats in franchise mode?

Scheme has only effects on the xp, nothing else.

The playbook naturally has an impact on the stats, as it changes the gameplay of the team

Shamhat1915 11-26-2020 06:27 PM

I know about the xp increases from scheme, but are we certain that it's the only thing it affects? It just seems to me at times that the scheme affects other parts. Maybe that's just because the increased xp lends to upgrades quicker. I was just curious if there was anything to back that up or not, if it were the case.
Still trying to figure out a playbook and scheme that I like the most for my style lol

oneamongthefence 11-26-2020 07:46 PM

Yeah scheme affects sim stats for sure. That's why you see certain qbs do really well in the sim. Vertical zone run gives the best QB play by far.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

jay87 11-27-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2050271346)
Yeah scheme affects sim stats for sure. That's why you see certain qbs do really well in the sim. Vertical zone run gives the best QB play by far.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Please give a source for this, I'm hearing that for the first time today.
To be honest, I would be happy if that were the case. But all information I have heard about the scheme so far always says that it doesn't affect anything but the xp.
And in all my work with the editors I never noticed anything that would suggest that the scheme influences more.

Edit: 3-4 or 4-3 scheme still has effects of course. But apart from the changes in the line-up it doesn't change anything as far as I know

SpiLLi 11-28-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay87 (Post 2050271530)
Please give a source for this, I'm hearing that for the first time today.
To be honest, I would be happy if that were the case. But all information I have heard about the scheme so far always says that it doesn't affect anything but the xp.
And in all my work with the editors I never noticed anything that would suggest that the scheme influences more.

Edit: 3-4 or 4-3 scheme still has effects of course. But apart from the changes in the line-up it doesn't change anything as far as I know

what do you think is the best playbook for passing stats in fast sim?

mr44 11-28-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiLLi (Post 2050272602)

Bills

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

jay87 11-28-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiLLi (Post 2050272602)

For such specific questions about the Playbook in Sim I am unfortunately the wrong person to ask.
But I would assume that this cannot be said in such a generalized way. The Playbook must also fit the team.

Have a look at this thread, there is a lot about the schemes/playbooks.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-tips.html