Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Has anyone pitched a no-hitter or perfect game in All-Star Baseball 2003? (/forums/showthread.php?t=979332)

Deckard75 11-28-2020 06:25 AM

Has anyone pitched a no-hitter or perfect game in All-Star Baseball 2003?

As the title says. I've been playing All-Star Baseball on my PS2 on All Star mode and have only gotten to the 3rd inning with a no-hitter intact.

fast 12-01-2020 02:45 PM

Re: Has anyone pitched a no-hitter or perfect game in All-Star Baseball 2003?

Never in 03 or 04 and only two no-hitters in about 1000 games in 05 on Legend mode using smart counts.

PsychStudent17 12-17-2020 09:56 AM

I recently started playing this game again (probably about 2 months ago now) and I haven't gotten anywhere close lol. Even when I was a kid and played it when it first came out, I only pitched maybe one or two no-hitters.

Deckard75 12-30-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychStudent17 (Post 2050286594)
I recently started playing this game again (probably about 2 months ago now) and I haven't gotten anywhere close lol. Even when I was a kid and played it when it first came out, I only pitched maybe one or two no-hitters.

Yeah so I have been playing ASB 2003 for a few months now and I am playing as the Yankees (my favorite team since I was a kid). I am a little over 2 months into the season with a commanding lead in the AL East. My record is 45-17.

I find the game to be a lot of fun. The overall game is fairly deep. I just had two of my best offensive players sustain injuries that caused me to find some free agent replacements. With David Justice and Giambi out for 6-8 weeks, I signed Jose Canseco and Tim Raines.

My only gripe with the game is my team's statistics seem a little too good. 8 of 9 in my starting lineup is batting over 300. My team avg is 328 which is absurd. I have gotten pretty good at pitching figuring out each pitchers best pitches and placements which is a lot of fun. In some ways it may be too easy at times. I am averaging just over 10 strikeouts a game. But all in all the pitching seems pretty balanced. I have gotten my team ERA down to 3.57.

With all of that I am only the second best team in the league with Seattle being better by 2 games. With all that said its a pretty solid baseball game.