Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Your guys thoughts? (Getting People Into City/Park Faster) (/forums/showthread.php?t=979337)

kdurantmvp 11-28-2020 10:15 AM

Your guys thoughts? (Getting People Into City/Park Faster)

How do you guys think the 2k community would react if 2k devs decided to only care about basketball. They took away the city, the skateboards, the bikes, the chaining together the dance moves, and having to walk to stores and got next spots.

They decide that all park games will be matched automatically so no need to wait on a got next. You can still play with your friends.. Just have them join your session like every other multiplayer game out there and you get into games right away. You can still buy clothes from the menu so need to walk into different shops. You can still buy emotes and winning celebrations.

How do you guys think the community will take to this?

Thrustie 11-28-2020 11:48 AM

Re: Your guys thoughts?

I don’t think the neighborhood/city idea is that popular. I think the player base would accept it and probably a decent amount would celebrate it. I don’t think most people really enjoy wasting their time.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

jk31 11-28-2020 12:54 PM

i for myself would really appreciate that. though i think that the casual player base what seems to be the majority of the player base wont like that.

CaVsFaN2273 11-28-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrustie (Post 2050272281)
I don’t think the neighborhood/city idea is that popular. I think the player base would accept it and probably a decent amount would celebrate it. I don’t think most people really enjoy wasting their time.

This. From what I've seen, the neighborhood/city is pretty unpopular on the 2K reddit and twitter. Most of the complaints have to do with the exact reasons OP mentioned; wasting time running around and people running from games.

Thrustie 11-28-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273 (Post 2050272347)
This. From what I've seen, the neighborhood/city is pretty unpopular on the 2K reddit and twitter. Most of the complaints have to do with the exact reasons OP mentioned; wasting time running around and people running from games.

It honestly serves no purpose except ad revenue and for people to stunt with their BMXs or scooters. If you really wanted to watch other people play, there’s plenty of YouTube and twitch channels. Doing everything through the menus would not only be faster, it would also improve the online stability and experience. It’s a no brainer. It’s obviously a monetary thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Thrustie 11-28-2020 08:24 PM

Re: Your guys thoughts? (Getting People Into City/Park Faster)

If it was me designing it, you’d click on MyPlayer Online and select your toon.

Sub menu - Park
1 v 1
2 v 2 - Pick-Up
2 v 2 - Squad
3 v 3 - Pick-Up (Can’t go in with friends period, not even 1)
3 v 3 - Squad

Sub menu - Pro-Am
3 v 3
5 v 5
GM Options/Player Options/Stats/etc.

Sub menu - Rec Center
Drop-In (only allowed up to 3 pre-made)
Squad (full 5 or possibly 4 with a very bad AI)

Boom. Done. Add online stores for clothes and what not, some leaderboards and you’re groovy. The only rough part for some people is there’d be no option to play 3 v 3 Park if you only had one friend online but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

james_baller_84 11-28-2020 08:45 PM

Re: Your guys thoughts? (Getting People Into City/Park Faster)

You guys are delusional. As much as I hate the whole neighbourhood idea, it would kill the game if they took it out.

CaVsFaN2273 11-28-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrustie (Post 2050272587)
It honestly serves no purpose except ad revenue and for people to stunt with their BMXs or scooters. If you really wanted to watch other people play, there’s plenty of YouTube and twitch channels. Doing everything through the menus would not only be faster, it would also improve the online stability and experience. It’s a no brainer. It’s obviously a monetary thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Agree 100%. I understand why they added it in 2K18 because they felt like it would innovate sports gaming, but I feel like it's been an absolute flop with the community. It just doesn't work in a sports game. Along with your point about monetization, I feel like they're still keeping it around just to say "hey look how massive our game is compared to all of these other sports titles!". At this point I think they're too focused on quantity over quality, but that's just my opinion.