Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Why can’t you cancel submissions? (/forums/showthread.php?t=979614)

Morgan Monkman 12-03-2020 12:40 PM

Why can’t you cancel submissions?

Not sure why this option isn’t in the game, I should be able to cancel a sub if I don’t like the way it is going. I shouldn’t have to continue my kimura or arm bar if I don’t feel it’s going to succeed.

johnmangala 12-03-2020 04:05 PM

Re: Why can’t you cancel submissions?

Yeah they should have this. It can be balanced with a stamina drain for the cancel but could land in better positions.

Skynet 12-04-2020 05:45 PM

An oversight of sorts when moving to the new minigame models. Technically the old one wasn't built with the cancel in mind, but it was possible none the less.

The new models don't currently make it possible, but we've heard this feedback and are looking into it.

Blackman316 12-07-2020 08:41 AM

I miss it too, but I'm pretty sure that - even if they added it - it would lead to severe unbalancing of the ground game. Even with a stamina penalty you can just improve your position by cancelling before your opponent has an actual chance of getting out. Obviously everyone will just cancel when you see your opponent's meter near completion, as the alternative is often getting swept.

So at least there should be a big grappling advantage to the opponent once you cancel out of it.

johnmangala 12-07-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackman316 (Post 2050279451)
I miss it too, but I'm pretty sure that - even if they added it - it would lead to severe unbalancing of the ground game. Even with a stamina penalty you can just improve your position by cancelling before your opponent has an actual chance of getting out. Obviously everyone will just cancel when you see your opponent's meter near completion, as the alternative is often getting swept.

So at least there should be a big grappling advantage to the opponent once you cancel out of it.

Nah, with enough stamina tax cancelling would be useless, so it's a matter about balancing. So with enough stamina tax and maybe some ga to the opponent it would be balanced but I dont think ga is necessary since both would lead to easy transitions so it would be useless to cancel again.