Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Disc Madden 21 unable to upgrade on Xbox Series X (/forums/showthread.php?t=979745)

TheBigTee 12-05-2020 07:49 PM

Disc Madden 21 unable to upgrade on Xbox Series X

Anybody else disc version and Series X not getting the upgrade? I chatted with EA support and they said it is a known issue, but not seeing much on the Internet forums about people having the same problem. I am wondering if it is because I downloaded the trial originally and then afterwards purchased the full disc version of the game. But in any case I am unable to get the upgrade at this time. EA support essentially just said to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TheBleedingRed21 12-05-2020 07:51 PM

Re: Disc Madden 21 unable to upgrade on Xbox Series X

Just had this issue. My physically copy wouldn’t upgrade because my trial version showed me having the PS5 version.

Still cannot get it to work but I did a workaround on PS5 that worked..

I created my wife’s account (without EA Play) and on the disc, it told me to buy the PS5 version. Went to the store and said free upgrade. Clicked it and it allows me to play the full next gen version on her account.

Out of luck on my main account but whatever, it works at least now. Maybe try a secondary account on Xbox.

TheBigTee 12-05-2020 08:17 PM

Thanks I’ll call that plan B for now, because I’d like to get it to work on my account. I may try uninstalling the game and reinserting the disc, but my internet isn’t the fastest so it’ll take a while.

TheBleedingRed21 12-05-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigTee (Post 2050278521)
Thanks I’ll call that plan B for now, because I’d like to get it to work on my account. I may try uninstalling the game and reinserting the disc, but my internet isn’t the fastest so it’ll take a while.

If it helps you save time, on PS5 side anyway, I deleted iit 3 times and tried everything. Wouldn’t work for me.

TheBigTee 12-05-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21 (Post 2050278524)
If it helps you save time, on PS5 side anyway, I deleted iit 3 times and tried everything. Wouldn’t work for me.

Damn, that’s disappointing. Thanks for the heads up, though.

ItsYaBoyHustle 12-05-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigTee (Post 2050278521)

The game didn’t automatically download for me. I downloading it using EA PLAY free trial then canceled the subscription. I’m on XSX.

prey2god 12-05-2020 09:06 PM

Have you tried deleting any data pertaining to Madden? If you have old date, delete it then reinstall. When you start the game, it'll prompt for the update.

TheBigTee 12-05-2020 11:09 PM

I uninstalled madden from my series X. After reinserting the disc it began the install process with updates and it says it is installing Madden 21 for Series S/X. So I think once it is done installing I may be all set. But my internet is slow so I won’t know until tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input. I will keep you updated in case anybody else is having a similar issue.