Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Worth Buying $28? (/forums/showthread.php?t=980435)

adamj2281 12-23-2020 09:09 AM

Worth Buying $28?

I played the full version at release with EA play, wasn't too impressed, mainly with the AI. Any noticeable improvements since launch? I used up the 10 hour demo.

MizzouRah 12-23-2020 02:47 PM

Re: Worth Buying $28?

Everybody plays differently and wants certain things when they play any console sports game.

I'll say this again, NHL 21 is the best hockey game EA has put out, period. I'm playing on XSX on AS defaults/speed at 2/penalties and fighting on 4/4 and 2/2/7 minute periods and I'm having more fun than I've had in a very long time with EA hockey.

Couple that with the new trade deadline feature in franchise and it's been a blast. I'm holding on to a 2 point playoff spot lead with 7 games left and just lost a heartbreaker to Tampa Bay, 4-3. The biggest thing for me with 21 is I don't have to babysit my defensive AI players like in previous versions. They step up at the blue line and take the body, at least my bigger players like Parayko do.

Goals have been varied and I need to change up my tactics depending on whom I'm playing.

MDgolf 12-23-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2050290725)
Everybody plays differently and wants certain things when they play any console sports game.

I'll say this again, NHL 21 is the best hockey game EA has put out, period. I'm playing on XSX on AS defaults/speed at 2/penalties and fighting on 4/4 and 2/2/7 minute periods and I'm having more fun than I've had in a very long time with EA hockey.

Couple that with the new trade deadline feature in franchise and it's been a blast. I'm holding on to a 2 point playoff spot lead with 7 games left and just lost a heartbreaker to Tampa Bay, 4-3. The biggest thing for me with 21 is I don't have to babysit my defensive AI players like in previous versions. They step up at the blue line and take the body, at least my bigger players like Parayko do.

Goals have been varied and I need to change up my tactics depending on whom I'm playing.

Agreed game is amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsize19 12-24-2020 10:27 PM

Quick Answer... YES!!! Worth buying!!!

jdl24 12-30-2020 10:03 AM

Absolutely if you like to have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamj2281 12-30-2020 09:45 PM

Done - thanks.

Peji911 12-31-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah (Post 2050290725)

I know NHL didn't get the update Madden and FIFA got for Next Gen but do you notice it plays better/looks better?

MizzouRah 01-01-2021 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peji911 (Post 2050295313)
I know NHL didn't get the update Madden and FIFA got for Next Gen but do you notice it plays better/looks better?

It definitely looks better if you have an HDR capable TV. The XSX has auto HDR so when NHL loads, it changes to the HDR screen like Madden and FIFA do.

The colors are much deeper and I notice things like how realistic the blue in the Blues jersey looks in HDR, the ice looks better, etc.

Gameplay on the XSX just feels much smoother and of course a game loads up in seconds.