Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Hoops 2K Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   UPDATED 2020-21 PS3 Rosters (/forums/showthread.php?t=981062)

traveltall 01-09-2021 09:05 PM

UPDATED 2020-21 PS3 Rosters - Every team updated

1 Attachment(s)
***Roster Update on Jan 31, 2021 - Version 2 - File Name: CH2k8 20-21 V2 - Final***

***Every team is now updated***

Unfortunately we maxed out on all the working names and there are still a handful of broken names inside our roster file, we tried to hide them in the weaker conf’s and on the weaker teams, but it wasn’t always possible. You shouldn’t see to many errors within the power conf’s and mid majors (fingers crossed). We tried everything, but the file Treyz worked off of, which we then worked off of just had to many broken names due to the editing done to it over the past 10 years or so. The only real fix is to remake the rosters from the base rosters which came with the original game, which is what we should have done, but by the time we realized it it was too late. That said, these rosters are great! We spent a ton of time on them and we hope you enjoy them, let us know what you think (be nice lol).

Some teams in smaller conf’s only have 8 players on their roster, it’s because it was becoming too daunting of a task to create 10-12 players for each team, we also didn’t have enough working names to do so. Savannah St is now a D2 team so we used those working names and replaced them with broken names (same with classic/alum teams), you might want to move Savannah St to an independent when you start your legacy. Also, MEAC teams have the most broken names, but we hid most of them at bottom of their respective rosters because they are the worst conf (according to Lindys pre season mag), the broken names in the MEAC in most cases are seniors and will graduate out of your legacy at the end of year 1 so you don’t need to worry about them. The conf’s we spent the least time on are (Big West, Ohio Valley, Southland, ASun, WAC, Big South, Southwestern & MEAC), the ratings for those teams should still be very accurate (maybe a few small exceptions and I didn’t take the time to fix the players home state for some of those teams and not all rotations were done in terms of allotting minutes).

Enough editing, time to get some games in!! I’m also starting a 4 person multiplayer legacy (no simming allowed), if you’d like to join shoot me a message and I can send you the details. It’s very easy to pass a legacy file back and forth and get games in within the same legacy and its a fun to compete against other actual humans for a change.

File Name: CH2k8 20-21 V2 Final

Player to check: Mtn West, Colorado State, David Roddy, Rating: 77

Original Post:

Hey Everyone, a few of us have updated TreyzAllDayz 2020-21 roster (myself, Adam94). Huge shoutout to Treyz for getting the ball rolling with this years update. We did a major overhaul to his roster.

We’ve worked on all the teams Treyz did and rounded out each teams roster so that each team listed below has 10-12 guys on there roster with correct year, height, looks, info, rating, etc for the power conf's and mid majors. We added about 4-6 players to each team that were missing, removed seniors that graduated and we also fixed most of the misspellings created by past hex edits by deleting the player and then recreating that player from scratch (we fixed over 100 broken names this way, long process).

We also spent a lot of time setting each teams situational starting lineup and then allotting the minutes for starters/bench players. Each rotation is about 8-10 deep and based on this years minutes. One thing you will notice is that a team like UNLV starts 4 guards so that is reflected in our lineups. This means a sg is in the pf spot. In these cases do not change the sg's position to pf, it will regenerate that players attributes. Also, when the cpu takes ahold of these teams inside a legacy the cpu may adjust the lineups back to something more traditional bc it looks to fill the pg, sg, sf, pf, c spots with players that play those actual positions, if it does, thats not something we can control.

The future of editing rosters: Im not sure if Im going to work on the 2021-22 rosters, but if I do I will start in June and work off this roster or the base roster (probably would use the base). If anyone wants to help please let me know, join the college hoops 2k8 discord and DM me there (Kramer242) or PM here. If anyone wants to work on next years rosters alone, then I suggest the same thing, it might be easier to start with the base roster bc fixing the broken names is a nightmare and there isn’t a single name to spare with this current roster file so you will run into a lot of trouble should you work off of this in the future. Ideally if we can get a team of guys to edit next years roster off the base roster file it would go much quicker and we could get it done before the season starts with plenty of time to spare. If anyone knows how to hex edit that would be helpful so we could update coaching records and re-align the conf’s.

Easiest way to get ahold of me is to join the College Hoops 2k8 Fan Club Discord (https://discord.gg/apG5sEv9Ze) and send me a DM there (Kramer242) and I will add you to our roster team group chat. We could really use someone that knows how to hex edit so we can fix coaches records and some other things.

Download instructions: On a usb create a folder and name it PS3, then inside that another folder named SAVEDATA. Once you download and unzip this roster file it will have a long name like BLUS30087-Ros…., put that folder inside the SAVEDATA folder. Plug usb into ps3, dont start game. Go to Saved Data Utility - usb - click triangle to copy file to your ps3 then once that is done you can load the game. Rosters should load right up but if not then load them from inside the game.

Mike83 01-09-2021 10:36 PM

Re: UPDATED 2020-21 PS3 Rosters

Awesome job guys just wondering how you delete a mispelled player are recreate a new one ?

traveltall 01-09-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike83 (Post 2050300848)
Awesome job guys just wondering how you delete a mispelled player are recreate a new one ?

If you go to a team and click x you can add/release a player. Once you click add, it takes you to a player pool full of players that are not on teams, you can add one of those guys to the team then edit them.

neald0 01-10-2021 07:54 AM

I’ve never participated in any type of forum, but I typed a small thank you message for treys original roster because I felt that it’s the least I could do for getting so much enjoyment from his hard work and keeping these great games alive and well. So, needless to say, I pass along my deepest appreciation for all the work all of you put in for this roster update. Holy crap, all of the rosters for these classic games are so fantastic. With life and all that goes with it, it would take me a year to fit in time for these edits, so, thanks a million times over, all of you.

traveltall 01-10-2021 10:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Conference realignment screenshots are attached, for some reason I'm not able to upload the excel file, but these work all the same.

When you start a new legacy change the teams then. The name of the conf will not change but you can still set them up pretty close to how they are currently setup today. If you don't mind playing with the wrong conf name then this is as good as it gets. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the conference names to match. It took me about an hour to change all the teams before stating my most recent legacy.

Mike83 01-10-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveltall (Post 2050300862)
If you go to a team and click x you can add/release a player. Once you click add, it takes you to a player pool full of players that are not on teams, you can add one of those guys to the team then edit them.

With the hex would it not change other players names

traveltall 01-10-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike83 (Post 2050301127)
With the hex would it not change other players names

Hex edits have created a link between two players, so if you edit one hex edited players name it does change the other players name, which is the major pain with all this. Not all edited names are linked so we don't know until after the fact in some cases, so then we have to remake them again a second time.

What should really be done is to remake the 2021-22 roster off the original base roster because all those names would work, but that be recreating close to 4,000 players and I'm not sure anyone has the mental health fortitude to do all that, I know I dont lol. We're trying to fix all the names by using working names in the player pool and working names on the classic teams, we are hoping we dont run out.

Mike83 01-10-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveltall (Post 2050301221)
Hex edits have created a link between two players, so if you edit one hex edited players name it does change the other players name, which is the major pain with all this. Not all edited names are linked so we don't know until after the fact in some cases, so then we have to remake them again a second time.

What should really be done is to remake the 2021-22 roster off the original base roster because all those names would work, but that be recreating close to 4,000 players and I'm not sure anyone has the mental health fortitude to do all that, I know I dont lol. We're trying to fix all the names by using working names in the player pool and working names on the classic teams, we are hoping we dont run out.

Ya i get that it is a real pain in the butt