Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   Does anyone here still play 2K19? I need help updating the roster (/forums/showthread.php?t=981358)

thekidisback 01-17-2021 12:37 AM

Does anyone here still play 2K19? I need help updating the roster

Anyone here play NBA 2K19? I installed it on my series X and when I went to play, all these error screens popped up telling me all my data was corrupted. I also can't download the latest user rosters. Says I can't connect to servers. Forgive me since this is my first 2K nba game but why take down the roster servers? I have to do everything manual now. This is so lame. I googled it and apparently servers went offline at the end of December. I would have updated before that had I known. Also, my roster that I updated last year was corrupted. Has this happened to you before? Do games get corrupted sometimes when syncing from another system? I am coming from an Xbox One X. This is really lame that I need to update the rosters manually. Going to take a long long time for sure.

Is there any cheat sheet online somewhere that shows me exactly the players to trade from each team? I have tried to update the lakers and the process is not friendly at all. You can't see 2 teams at the same time and can't trade more than 1 player at a time. I have to choose one player at a time and one team at a time. Am I doing something wrong?

I am not a big NBA video game guy so I bought this game for $2.99 digitally and if I had known they take the rosters offline, I would have downloaded the game sooner. Now I am sooooooo behind. Lame.

thekidisback 01-21-2021 01:58 AM

Re: Does anyone here still play 2K19? I need help updating the roster

211 views and no responses. Oh well. Manually it is. Just going to do the major trades and update the Lakers the best I can. No way I am going through every single transaction and making all the CAPs. Now I know 2K takes all user rosters offline around 2 years after they release a game. Lame but at least I know now.

dasht24 01-25-2021 04:53 AM

Finally someone with the same issue as me. I have searched all over the internet and cannot find anyway to download rosters now that the 2k19 server has shut down. It sucks cause I somehow corupted my roster file and cannot redownload. I always use Rashidi's roster files and spend hours keeping it up to date.

thekidisback 01-25-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasht24 (Post 2050310756)
Finally someone with the same issue as me. I have searched all over the internet and cannot find anyway to download rosters now that the 2k19 server has shut down. It sucks cause I somehow corupted my roster file and cannot redownload. I always use Rashidi's roster files and spend hours keeping it up to date.

Like I posted in my OP, all my files were corrupted moving over from my One X to Series X. Are corrupted files an issue with 2K games? I have no idea why 2K makes updating rosters manually so difficult. Unless I am missing something, you can only trade or assign a player to a new team one at a time. I can understand taking the online gameplay away but I see no reason to take away user rosters online.

SimonnLee 06-05-2021 04:19 PM

Yes it is what it is
Just get used to 2K LOL

Saves corrupted because the roster couldn’t update and it sucks...

jimbo3772 06-06-2021 02:02 AM

They take down the servers at the end of the second full year after the game comes out to force franchise players to buy new versions of the game. If the game was installed at the time, then your offline/local roster files would be okay to continue using. But if you re-install the game after the servers are offline, then you won't be able to load them. I found this out when I tried to load NBA2K19 onto my PS5 and found out all my CAPs were lost due to this issue.

TGG 06-09-2021 12:57 PM

i gave up on 2k19, without online possibilities this is a inpossible task aldo i found 2k19 the best game from the last years

TGG 06-28-2021 04:31 PM

Probably I gonna create the missing players when I found the right ratings on pc and post the cyberfaces on nlsc