Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Wanting to Try and Create a Roster for MLB 21:The Show. (/forums/showthread.php?t=981379)

baseballrosters 01-17-2021 02:42 PM

Wanting to Try and Create a Roster for MLB 21:The Show.

I have taken some time to look at the vault and WOW, so much incredible roster work.
I am new to roster creation, and I really wonder who created all these players.

Truly astounding !!
I am seeing some 1980s and 1990s rosters with full teams. How is this possible to create?

My favorite time of baseball is the early-2000s. So, I am going to attempt to create a full roster for the 2001 season.
Any advice, help, or guidance is appreciated from the Roster Creator Vets.

Thank You, Guys.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app

doncropper 01-17-2021 02:49 PM

Re: Wanting to Try and Create a Roster for MLB 21:The Show.

My only real suggestion is to look into using JTommy67's Roster Building Utility (RBU) for creating player ratings ...... many of us use it and it is an exceptional tool in my opinion.

Always take advantage of what's already been created and then put your personal touch to it or use it as it is.

PJSnell10 has a 2001 Roster already in the vault and his work is exceptional.

Good Luck and ask for guidance at any time as there are many Great Roster makers around that are also Great Guys willing to share their experiences.

baseballrosters 01-17-2021 07:50 PM

Thank You, Don.
Do any of the RBU ratings need to be tweaked from default ?
And pitch data, is Mr. Snell's 2001 ROSTER accurate ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by doncropper (Post 2050305784)
My only real suggestion is to look into using JTommy67's Roster Building Utility (RBU) for creating player ratings ...... many of us use it and it is an exceptional tool in my opinion.

Always take advantage of what's already been created and then put your personal touch to it or use it as it is.

PJSnell10 has a 2001 Roster already in the vault and his work is exceptional.

Good Luck and ask for guidance at any time as there are many Great Roster makers around that are also Great Guys willing to share their experiences.

doncropper 01-17-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseballrosters (Post 2050306108)
Thank You, Don.
Do any of the RBU ratings need to be tweaked from default ?
And pitch data, is Mr. Snell's 2001 ROSTER accurate ?

RBU ratings need zero tweaking. I really like using his tool because it totally eliminates any "bias" being involved and is dominantly based on a specific season's performance although he does allow for some personal customization in his earlier versions of his RBU but not sure if still present in his most recent versions (I use an earlier version of the RBU and still use the same today to maintain consistency across all my rosters so they are 100% interchangeable).

I haven't dived deeply into checking PJSnell's specific ratings but from an overview perspective, they appear fine to me. I do enjoy playing with his rosters as they seem to play out very realistically for me --- although, I solely play/watch in cpu vs cpu mode.

MysterioMan007 01-30-2021 04:17 PM

Finally getting back into this game after a long time away. Glad this forum is still going strong. Where can I find this RBU? I saw a thread on Page 2, but that link is not working anymore.

doncropper 01-30-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysterioMan007 (Post 2050314028)
Finally getting back into this game after a long time away. Glad this forum is still going strong. Where can I find this RBU? I saw a thread on Page 2, but that link is not working anymore.

PM me your email address and I will authorize you to grab it from my dropbox account. Otherwise PM jtommy67 on this forum and he will direct you to his latest version. IT WILL BE WORTH IT !!!

pjsnell10 02-01-2021 10:50 PM

Feel free to check out my 2001 roster as a base if you like. Pitcher repertoire was taken from fangraphs, so everyone throws the proper pitches and pitch speeds. Stances and wind ups should be correct. The ratings will play out very well also, I spent a lot of time on those. They are based a on a system that I've been using and tweaking for the last 10 years.

Many faces could use updates, and some AAA/part time MLB players could be added. It is ready to go if you want play a season though.

baseballrosters 02-02-2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsnell10 (Post 2050315527)
Feel free to check out my 2001 roster as a base if you like. Pitcher repertoire was taken from fangraphs, so everyone throws the proper pitches and pitch speeds. Stances and wind ups should be correct. The ratings will play out very well also, I spent a lot of time on those. They are based a on a system that I've been using and tweaking for the last 10 years.

Many faces could use updates, and some AAA/part time MLB players could added. It is ready to go if you want play a season though.

Thank you for your guidance.
Are you interested in working together to create a 80-90 man roster file ?