Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Shouldn’t we be getting info on new patch soon? (/forums/showthread.php?t=981398)

bcelts 01-17-2021 08:52 PM

Shouldn’t we be getting info on new patch soon?

It’s January 17th. We should hear about something soon shouldn’t we?

Leiqueros 01-18-2021 05:43 AM

Re: Shouldn’t we be getting info on new patch soon?

With the patches that have been added to this game, certain elements of it have been improved.

But there is something that bothers me very much, it is the section on the edition and creation of fighters, already in previous versions of this game, this section was very incomplete, where among so many things you could only save 22 fighters, a ridiculous amount As for the female gender, the edition is very bad, very few bodies, only 4, most hairstyles are more based on the male gender, more types of long hair are needed, as for hair color, it is a very short range of colors, we jumped from black to not very dark brown, we need more varieties of hair colors and so I could continue adding many more things, such as adding ribbons in the hair and much more.

But if there is something where I am very disappointed, it is not being able to completely edit the statistics and movements of my fighters, it makes me so repetitive that I always use the same stereotypes, which seem very good to simplify the editing, but that is not mandatory for those of us who like to waste time editing

aholbert32 01-18-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcelts (Post 2050306161)
It’s January 17th. We should hear about something soon shouldn’t we?

Patches have dropped every PPV week for the past few months. Given that this week is a PPV week...I'd assume the answer is yes.

Irish0331 01-18-2021 11:42 AM

I 100% agree with having full customization ability. It makes me very butt hurt that it was in the last game and not in this one.

Also, I'm hopeful that some sort of patch work allows us to transition in the clinch (at the very least against the cage....but i understand thats not plausible in a patch). Clinch fighting is so very limited. Being able to pummel back and forth and clinch grapple was in the last game and not having it this time around really removed a major part of the sport. Its mindboggling really. Like rolling out Madden but removing passing ability.

Blackman316 01-19-2021 02:18 PM

As for customization: it's not that there's too few content. Not at all. There are just too few options. Most of the content is unusable. Like the example of hair colors above: I think purple and blue and green are options. Why? For freak CaF's?

And clinch fighting is indeed quite limited, but I don't think there's any chance we'll see a redesign there. It's weird that the double under input has been replaced by "cancelling a double leg". These kind of things make little sense and are hard to explain to a newbie.

Haz____ 01-19-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leiqueros (Post 2050306372)
With the patches that have been added to this game, certain elements of it have been improved.

But there is something that bothers me very much, it is the section on the edition and creation of fighters, already in previous versions of this game, this section was very incomplete, where among so many things you could only save 22 fighters, a ridiculous amount As for the female gender, the edition is very bad, very few bodies, only 4, most hairstyles are more based on the male gender, more types of long hair are needed, as for hair color, it is a very short range of colors, we jumped from black to not very dark brown, we need more varieties of hair colors and so I could continue adding many more things, such as adding ribbons in the hair and much more.

But if there is something where I am very disappointed, it is not being able to completely edit the statistics and movements of my fighters, it makes me so repetitive that I always use the same stereotypes, which seem very good to simplify the editing, but that is not mandatory for those of us who like to waste time editing

No dark brown hair just kills me. It literally goes from black to light brown....

But also yeah, the stats and move thing. I just don't even bother making fighters at all this year, and I was known as 1 of the guys making tons and tons and super authentic fighter recreations in the past games. Shoot I had a Holloway caf before Holloway was even in a UFC game. Same can be said for Omalley, Adesanya, Cannonier, Reyes, Usman. I was making CAFs of these guys before they were even in the game, but this year, I just don't bother. The caf system is all around just absolutely terrible.

Haz____ 01-19-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackman316 (Post 2050307253)
As for customization: it's not that there's too few content. Not at all. There are just too few options. Most of the content is unusable. Like the example of hair colors above: I think purple and blue and green are options. Why? For freak CaF's?

Great way of putting it. There's a lot of content, but like 75% is useless. You got ~50 hairstyles, and ~35 of em are fantasy land cartoon garbage that is completely useless.

You got ~2000 peices of clothes, and not 1 BJJ, Karate, or Sambo GI. No Muay Thai Monkel headbands or armbands. No rash guards, or spats. Literally NOTHING that has to do with our sport, or martial arts at all.... and instead we have ~1000 animated, light up shirts....

MeowingForVengeance 01-19-2021 03:10 PM

I'm good with the patch dropping without 'spoilers' or anything. Just hoping it's a good patch that'll get me back into the game. :y220: