Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   CPU Offensive Issues Next Gen- WHAT HAPPENED TO BALLCARRIERS MOVES (/forums/showthread.php?t=981411)

49UNCFan 01-18-2021 08:50 AM

CPU Offensive Issues Next Gen- WHAT HAPPENED TO BALLCARRIERS MOVES

Some major things that needs to be patched and can take this game to another level.

First is sideline awarness- Simply stated CPU sometimes run out for no reason.

2nd Open Field Ball Carrying- What happened to it? Why is it so easy to tackle Henry, Kamara, and Cook etc.. in the open field. No stiff arms, jukes, spins, etc..

ReturnoftheTmac 01-18-2021 12:12 PM

Re: CPU Offensive Issues Next Gen- WHAT HAPPENED TO BALLCARRIERS MOVES

Couldn’t agree more on both accounts. I can’t believe more isn’t made of the sideline awareness. I don’t even have to worry about the CPU dumping it off to a TE or RB towards the sideline cuz they always go out for a loss or a 2 yard gain before I even have to make a tackle. Immersive breaking to say the least.

MizzouRah 01-18-2021 12:36 PM

I see ball carrier moves as I was juked out of my shoes in a game last night on a WR in the open field. (should happen more)

As far as the sideline awareness, 100% agree. Anything towards the sidelines the receiver catches and goes out of bounds for a small gain or most of the time, a loss.

khaliib 01-18-2021 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Simply put, it’s a Port Over from CG and just like the entire CG console life, after that 1st Update/Patch, an aspect that was ok/good is no longer in the same state.

NG gamers need to prepare themselves for another console generation of this if EA’s plan is to con’t to develop M22 and beyond from off this Ported version.

Based off the games history, outside of some major bug (which is rare), the OOTB version will be the best version of the game for the Offline gamer.
- Online H2H issues is a separate discussion and shouldn’t be combined with the Offline experience

More specific to the OP, like all other gameplay aspects introduced in M20/M21, it’s there, just the triggering is “Nerfed” badly.

Can’t get it back to where it was, but doing this will improve ball carrier “avoidance” under the current Updates.

1) Make sure BCM are in the highest Animation bucket

2)*** Break Tackle rating at “99”
- this sets the highest “Chance” of the BCM triggering during Die-Rolls

3) Tackle Slider
(Based off of the data points in the PC Gameplay Sliders-> Tackling-> x/y Ramp point levels-> 12; 25; 35; 50; can’t remem; can’t remem; 97)

- tackling has always been weighted so very heavy that it limits Break Tackle animations from triggering, this will open up the Die-Rolls to those BCM animations

A) What 12 setting does...
- will greatly minimize 1on1 tackles (unless players TKL rating is “99” which balances 50/50 Die-Roll against 99 Break Tackle) and drive more Gang-Tackling animations
- Ball Carriers with high Break TKL rating will sometimes “squirt” through the wash of tacklers/blockers (happens in the Return game also)
- Reduces Tackle Cone Radius of tacklers greatly reducing “suctioning” animations across the board, allowing BC’s to navigate in small openings
- so much more....

If 12 is doing too much, try “25” (haven’t tried this setting)
- I found it easier to edit up some starting good tackling LB’s TKL rating to “99”

There are some “cons” to doing this, but I’d rather they be your personal cons vs what I and/or others may post.

Blocking interactions have an “indirect” impact on BCM’s also, but the explanation would make this response super long.

Contrast this with both good and bad teams
***keep in mind EA’s Front End roster encompasses greatly overly rated starting OL’n across the the board compared to generated OL’n.

4thQtrStre5S 01-18-2021 01:18 PM

I am thinking there need to be some ball carrier move adjustments. When ball carrier moves have been prominent it seemed every runningback could spin and juke.

It has appeared to me that CPU ball carrier moves happen most frequently when the user attempts a hit stick. The CPU reads the user input and then responds to user input, with the CPU response being calculated ahead of the user input. Thus CPU will generally win versus big hits and strip ball attempts, etc. CPU responses to user input should be more associated with some collection of ratings including awareness.

edaddy 01-18-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49UNCFan (Post 2050306406)
Some major things that needs to be patched and can take this game to another level.

First is sideline awarness- Simply stated CPU sometimes run out for no reason.

2nd Open Field Ball Carrying- What happened to it? Why is it so easy to tackle Henry, Kamara, and Cook etc.. in the open field. No stiff arms, jukes, spins, etc..

I agree and as another poster has stated it was literally 100% different when NG first hit. Weighted movement momentum ball carrier moves varied tackling line play and the overall speed was just right. Well then you have YouTube’s actually crying because it’s not like last gen and people actually complaining about realistic movement, After the patches it’s now nothing but a NG version of Madden same exact thing now. And as long as people co-sign it this is where we are headed for this next gen console Madden. There is a segment of YouTube’s and Madden loyalists that EA chooses to follow at this point despite very good constructive feedback from known posters here and on YouTube. I got excited when NG came out said now this is the right direction now I’m back to leaving this patched mess alone. Just my opinion!!

icicle22 01-18-2021 02:58 PM

Two points....actually one point and one question.

First, I have been playing on All-Pro with tackling at 12 per Khalib's previous posts and I am getting much more break tackle animations and moves made by the CPU ball carrier. It is hard to tackle as it should be. Game feels so much more dynamic and I find the CPU RB's rarely get hit for a loss. They fight and fall forward to line of scrimmage or gain 1-2 yards on plays I used to regularly blow up for 4 yard losses. There has been a time or 2 where they break a few "too many" in one play but at least it is challenging now.

The question: Is there any video proof of the game "changing" with the patches and now just being a "next gen version with current gen feel" as someone stated? I can't be sure of this myself as it would have been so gradual I might not have noticed.

I will say I went back to PC after playing the PS5 version and even though the framerate and performance was much better on PC, it felt way too herky jerky with the animations and no vibrations on the controller made me feel disconnected now.

Thoughts?

jfsolo 01-18-2021 04:03 PM

I don't see what the OP is seeing at all. I see the CPU ball carriers use all the different kinds of movers all game every game. All-Madden with no adjusted tackle sliders, they ball out.