Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Recommend Me A Madden For PS4 Please (/forums/showthread.php?t=981436)

Collegefbfan 01-18-2021 08:59 PM

Recommend Me A Madden For PS4 Please

I am more of an NCAA football player. I want to start playing Madden some. I will be playing offline mainly. I want good gameplay and whatever the equivalent is to dynasty in NCAA. Is it franchise? I know that many say that Madden declines almost each year and the older gen is better. Recommend me a PS4 Madden with good to great gameplay and good dynasty or franchise mode. As little glitchy stuff as possible. Many thanks

Gambo 01-18-2021 09:53 PM

Re: Recommend Me A Madden For PS4 Please

Madden 21 is just fine and probably the best in years. Of course none are gonna be as in depth as NCAA’s dynasty mode but that’s par for course. Don’t get too wrapped up in the commentary, Madden is a good game. It should be better yes and that’s the developers fault but it’s far from being “bad”.

Elway7 01-18-2021 10:41 PM

Madden '16 with the right sliders.
Never tried '19, '20, & '21, but I understand they're all glitchfests.

ripcandlestickpark 01-19-2021 04:31 AM

As of right now, Madden 16 still has the best gameplay from this generation, IMO. Player movement felt realistic, underlying systems (penalties, fatigue, etc.) functioned as intended, and gameplay had a nice sense of balance. While the Franchise mode from that year is certainly playable, it does a lack a number of essential features that were added in subsequent iterations, such as practice squads, an out-of-town score ticker, full player editing, and custom draft classes.

Madden 21 has the potential to meet or even exceed M16 gameplay-wise, but it depends on how the rest of the patch cycle plays out. If all goes well, then M21 will probably end up being the best overall package from this generation.

It's no secret that Madden lags behind some of the other AAA sports franchises in key areas. For instance, it lacks the technical polish and attention-to-detail of MLB The Show. Nor does it have the offline depth/customizability of NBA 2K. That said, you can still have a very deep, engaging experience with Madden, especially if you're open to exploring sliders, implementing house rules, etc.. It's far from the trainwreck that some YouTubers (cough, SoftDrinkSports, cough) make it out to be.

ck127 01-19-2021 09:03 AM

Madden 20 was far and away the best of the PS4 generation. Felt like user skill mattered the most in 20 and if you like the x factor and super star stuff it does add a lot to the player dev aspect of team building

JoshC1977 01-19-2021 09:38 AM

I'd go with M21. M20 is solid, but the superstar abilities get out of hand very quickly in CFM and the gameplay doesn't hold its challenge with them turned off.

M16 has fantastic gameplay and would be my second choice, but there are SO many elements of franchise missing in that mode that have been added in recent years (practice squad, better generated draft classes, a player edit function, overhauled scheme mechanics, greatly improved progression system, XP sliders, etc.). I'll be honest...the lack of player editing in CFM for M16 is the biggest killer for me...because it can be a godsend in maintaining a long-term CFM.

M21 has warts, all of the Maddens do...but a competent slider setup (shameless plug for my own setup) can make this a solid experience in team building.

PhillyPhanatic14 01-19-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck127 (Post 2050307100)
Madden 20 was far and away the best of the PS4 generation. Felt like user skill mattered the most in 20 and if you like the x factor and super star stuff it does add a lot to the player dev aspect of team building

Strongly agree. 20 was great.

Honestly though, just grab a month of EA Access for $5 and you'll get access to Madden 20 and all of the games prior to that. You'll also get 10 hours of Madden 21. I'd trial them and make your decision that way. If you cancel before the 30 days is up you can even get a refund so you can't go wrong trying them out before buying one.

Collegefbfan 01-19-2021 04:06 PM

Hey thanks for all the replies. I have a lot to consider here. Well, just curious in looking this weekend at a local used books and games store, are there any versions to.surely stay away from? The thing about 16 is that its almost over 5 Yeats old. I had Madden 17 and thought it was pretty decent but never played franchise. Is 21 still dollar?