Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Competitive NHL Gaming: Team Play Vs. Individual Play, Which Will Win Out? (/forums/showthread.php?t=981547)

Steve_OS 01-21-2021 04:37 PM

Competitive NHL Gaming: Team Play Vs. Individual Play, Which Will Win Out?

As the world of competitive sports gaming continues to evolve, it's interesting to see the...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.

ILLSmak 01-23-2021 03:34 AM

Re: Competitive NHL Gaming: Team Play Vs. Individual Play, Which Will Win Out?

Nice article, and yea the community is smaller. Small enough to see the same people, but it's still fun. I'm a 6v6 myself. 3s is kind of a joke, but in terms of real balls2thewall competition, that might be something worth considering, too.

I personally believe (maybe because I don't understand hockey to the same degree as bball) that a 6 v 6 tourney would be way more fun to watch than 2k league. But yea there are also wonky things, and when you are playing on Live TV or whatever and some epic wonk happens it's kinda like ?? Stick skills seem to matter a lot more in NHL, no pun.

Still, I think people should be able to say sigh EA at this point. The game itself is really cool, though. Really gotten into it and met some cool people. Excited for next gen.

-Smak

NorthPhillyBallers 01-24-2021 03:14 AM

Re: Competitive NHL Gaming: Team Play Vs. Individual Play, Which Will Win Out?

I wish the 1vs1 got more pub in 2k. The 5vs5 is just horrible. Its not even basketball.

I actually watched the 1vs1 championships for NHL.

It made me start playing again.

bardownbill 03-07-2021 06:31 PM

Good piece here, I don't think there is a way 1v1 could have as high of a ceiling as 6v6. With the recent NHL teams sponsoring the tournaments I have yet to see a 6v6 tournament.* 6v6 all the way. Really need to rid the tournament of AI.