Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   (Help) Can't equip Nike compression sleeve on created player's throwing arm in DD (/forums/showthread.php?t=981591)

bigd51 01-22-2021 07:16 PM

(Help) Can't equip Nike compression sleeve on created player's throwing arm in DD

Haven't played since '18 and I'm not a fan of how they changed how you assign a position to your created player.

I want to use my created player at 3B. I have zero intention of ever using him anywhere else (other than maybe 1B), but the way it's set up now, it seems you can't select a specific position anymore and by default, can just play him at every position -- including pitcher.

The problem with this is, I'm trying to equip the Nike Dri-Fit compression sleeve on my throwing arm (right hand) and it won't allow me to equip a name brand compression sleeve on my throwing arm if the game assumes I'm also a pitcher by default. When I equip the name brand compression sleeve, it starts on my left arm (glove arm) and when I move it to my right arm (throwing arm), it changes from a name brand compression sleeve -- in this case, the Nike Dri-Fit -- to a basic, 3/4 compression sleeve and will not allow me to change the length. So I'm stuck with that.

I can technically equip it, but as I said, it just reverts back to a basic, 3/4 compression sleeve if I move it to my throwing arm. I still have the stat bonuses from equipping the Nike Dri-Fit sleeve, but not the look of it.

Is there any way around this? WHY can you use a basic, full-length compression sleeve on a pitcher's throwing arm, but not a name brand compression sleeve?