Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Contract Help - So Confused... (/forums/showthread.php?t=981631)

sccavs64 01-23-2021 11:40 PM

Contract Help - So Confused...

Whenever I sign a player to an extension, their salary seems to default to the player’s RFA value no matter what I do. Even if I don't tender an RFA offer to the player at all. Example:

I created a team and started a expansion draft franchise. I got Michail Sergachev in the expansion draft from TB. In the first offseason his contract was up. I chose to sign him to a 7 year deal with a $7.5 mil salary (Did not tender RFA offer). See below, everything looks fine right after he signs the extension.

After I sim to the end of the following season, his salary randomly increases to $11.975 mil per year. In the next season, it goes up to ~$14.5 mil per year.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how NHL contracts work? I tested every workaround I can think of, I even released him outright and then signed him as an unrestricted free agent and it still happens.

pacers101 01-25-2021 06:55 AM

Re: Contract Help - So Confused...

Are you under the minimum salary floor? I'm not sure about recent editions, including NHL 21, but in previous games all of the contracts on your book will be increased if you are below the minimum figure.

sccavs64 01-25-2021 10:00 AM

Re: Contract Help - So Confused...

Actually you might be correct, I didn’t know the game would do this automatically in previous versions. And that would explain why the value always changes even if their OVR rating doesn’t change year to year.

I’ll test after work, thank you! This bugged me all weekend lol