Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   The Coaching Career of Audwin Mumford (NCAA 14) (/forums/showthread.php?t=981658)

NoleFan 01-24-2021 03:45 PM

The Coaching Career of Audwin Mumford (NCAA 14)

Housekeeping
Game: NCAA14 (RPCS3) w/ College Football Revamped Mod
How I Play: Coach Mode. I'm the Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator. I set my offensive philosophy to match my Offensive Coordinator then in-game I run offense by doing Supersim > Watch Next Play.
Difficulty Level: All-American with default sliders
Quarter Length: 7 min qtrs. I personally find that with the way I play, if I can get about 80-90 plays per game I get pretty realistic stats...at least realistic enough for me.
Recruiting: For the most part, I use JoshC1977's recruiting house rules. Well, at least the restrictions on who you can target based on program prestige. I also don't scout until AFTER a recruit has accepted my scholarship offer.
Coach Skill Tree: I use the coach skill tree as designed. The only house rule I have for that is I can only add points during the offseason. Just like players only get permanent boosts during training, so will my coaches and I. During the off-season I also use RNG to determine how I distribute my coach skill points. Adds a fun and random wrinkle to it.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 03:47 PM

Re: The Coaching Career of Audwin Mumford (NCAA 14)

1 Attachment(s)
Bleacher Report: The Old Dominion Monarchs' AD hires inexperienced coach, Audwin Mumford, to head their football team. The virtually unknown Coach Mumford is a 2002 graduate of SC State University and has spent much of his career as a high school defensive coordinator in the Carolinas. "Sometimes, you have gotta take a risk and I feel like this one will pay off" says ODU's AD.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 03:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Week 1
ODU @ EDU

It took OT to get it done but ODU is 1-0 following a 33-30 W at ECU in Week 1.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Week 2
We fought hard against Maryland. We even forced Taulia Tagovailoa to toss 3 picks including a pick 6 but, we came up just short when the clock hit 0:00.

Old Dominion falls to 1-1.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 04:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Week 3
Despite winning by 2 scores the game against FCS West wasn’t easy. I guess it doesn’t have to be pretty so long as you get the dub. ODU improves to 2-1 on the season.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Week 4
ODU improves to 3-1 despite being picked to lose by Coach Corso.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 04:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Week 5
ODU improves to 4-1 after FCS SE gave them all they could handle on a rainy Virginia Saturday.

NoleFan 01-24-2021 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Week 6
ODU made short work of FCS East and improved to 5-1 on the season. Special shout-out to Juwan Ross for setting the single game sack record w/ 4.