Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Patch Next Week? (/forums/showthread.php?t=981959)

TheRizzzle 02-02-2021 02:20 PM

Patch Next Week?

In theory, next week is a UFC PPV fight week, and we've typically gotten a patch on PPV fight weeks.

Wonder if that'll be true next week. Quick turnaround if so. Wouldn't expect huge changes from the last patch but I'll never complain if we get new fighters (which means we probably aren't getting new fighters lol).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

martialxd 02-03-2021 09:01 AM

Re: Patch Next Week?

one month one time big patch

APR ?? - X
MAR ?? - 9.00
FEB ?? - 8.00
JAN 21 - 7.00

DEC 10 - 6.00
NOV 19 - 5.00
OCT 22 - 4.00
SEP 24 - 3.00
SEP 04 - 2.03

Blackman316 02-03-2021 11:28 AM

I highly doubt that. As you can see they tend towards the 2nd part of the month. The only changes needed after a PPV / big card are stat changes, and they input those with the "fighter updates".

TheRizzzle 02-03-2021 12:33 PM

It would be ambitious if you're worried about quality and freshness to pull off a big patch this quickly.

But all those dates listed above are UFC PPV fight weeks except the first one, which was a the first big post release launch. That doesn't seem like a coincidence.

If they do a patch I'd expect a lot of window dressing. Seems like the moment they'd look around at fighters they've removed from the game and add them back in as "legends." Think Cro Cop, Mendes, Hunt, etc...maybe give Anderson Silva a new paint job, adjust his stats and market this patch as "play with the most exciting champion of all-time!"

Feels like the strategy is to use the big PPV audience to tell them there is a new reason to buy the game if they haven't already (with a patch).

aholbert32 02-03-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRizzzle (Post 2050316972)
It would be ambitious if you're worried about quality and freshness to pull off a big patch this quickly.

But all those dates listed above are UFC PPV fight weeks except the first one, which was a the first big post release launch. That doesn't seem like a coincidence.

If they do a patch I'd expect a lot of window dressing. Seems like the moment they'd look around at fighters they've removed from the game and add them back in as "legends." Think Cro Cop, Mendes, Hunt, etc...maybe give Anderson Silva a new paint job, adjust his stats and market this patch as "play with the most exciting champion of all-time!"

Feels like the strategy is to use the big PPV audience to tell them there is a new reason to buy the game if they haven't already (with a patch).

This. I believe almost every patch has been the week of a PPV. No reason why this month will be different.

Blackman316 02-03-2021 04:12 PM

That does make sense, if you think they have things down the pipeline that just isn't done yet or properly tested.

Say... career mode changes? :cool:

Good Grappler 02-03-2021 05:29 PM

I’m all for it. Every update has improved the game so far, in my opinion.

I’d still like to see more responsiveness between striking and takedowns. The transition between the two should be immediate and seamless - it’s an MMA game after all. Seems like you need to completely stop in your tracks in order to shoot a takedown, totally disrupting the flow. Opponents see it coming a mile away.

I’d also like to see the ability to come up with strikes immediately after missing a takedown. If you shoot from a little too far out, your fighter just reaches for the air then bails backwards. Looks unrealistic. You should be able to just immediately throw a hook once you recognize the shot is too far off. Then immediately reshoot off the hook without any delay. That’s how wrestling works in MMA... it’s totally chained in with striking. Throw a hook, immediate TD attempt, bail into an immediate uppercut... all seamless. That’s the type of exchanges we should be seeing from players trying to get it to the ground.

And of course any increase in stamina penalty for throwing strikes is good. I’m always for that.

Oh and lastly; we should keep an eye on the calf kicks. They could become sorta OP with how damaging they are, and the lack of defensive tools. I get that they’re kinda OP in real life too, but in a game it’s hard to implement such concepts without creating a cheesy meta (which so far UFC 4 is definitely the least cheesy standup meta I’ve seen on an MMA game since EA got the rights to the franchise).

aholbert32 02-03-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackman316 (Post 2050317111)
That does make sense, if you think they have things down the pipeline that just isn't done yet or properly tested.

Say... career mode changes? :cool:

Every patch isnt reactionary to what the meta is or issues that people found since each patch. Thats why they shouldnt even be called patches. They are content updates.

New fighters...new content like emotes and gear..gameplay fixes and improvements.

Also, all of the updates other than the emergency patches are planned out. For example, I've known about new fighters that have been released months before the content update was released. Same with significant gameplay improvements.