Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far (/forums/showthread.php?t=982118)

ChaseB 02-08-2021 02:35 PM

EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far

There has been a lot written about EA Sports College Football so far, which is why...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

mdiggitydawg 02-08-2021 02:52 PM

What an outstanding article. albeit a bit troubling for a fan of the roster work our community embarks on every year in various games.
I just found out the hard way about the hoops I have to attempt to jump through to get a good NHL roster in the EA game, and had hoped for something much easier in this new College football iteration, alas , at this moment it doesn't seem so.
I would say, having teams with only fictional players would be a deal breaker for me and the entire immersion *factor. I do hope some agreement comes through during this year of waiting.
Again, fantastic article, thank you.

TheBleedingRed21 02-08-2021 03:21 PM

Re: EA Sports College Football FAQ: Here's What to Know So Far

Good article though, I think this will be a yearly title easily. Cannot make the kind of revenue to support that exclusive license on multi-year cycle development.

jfsolo 02-08-2021 04:08 PM

Great Piece with grounded analysis of what is likely. I'm expecting a lot of people to go off the rails when they are confronted with the realities of what this game will entail, whether it's gameplay, engine, modes, rosters, editing, etc, so it will be interesting to see what will actually be gamekillers for folks.

canes21 02-08-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2050320455)
Great Piece with grounded analysis of what is likely. I'm expecting a lot of people to go off the rails when they are confronted with the realities of what this game will entail, whether it's gameplay, engine, modes, rosters, editing, etc, so it will be interesting to see what will actually be gamekillers for folks.

I'm already seeing people hoping it isn't built off the same foundation from Madden. I don't know what these people are expecting. The replies to the EA tweet saying they look forward to sharing more news over the next couple of years also shows just how out of touch the average person is with the development of this game. The average twitter person thought the announcement was for a game releasing this year.

The only news I care about right now are about Dynasty and the NIL bill. I already know to expect this to be Madden with a college coat of paint like it always was. We've more or less already played the game on the field, let's see if we get real players and how deep dynasty mode is.

tuckermaine 02-08-2021 05:43 PM

I don’t know what the difference was in developing of Ncaa 14 and Madden, but I saw a clear and defined game in NCAA that was far ahead of Madden in immersion, gameplay , player locomotives all of it....even in these years gone by.

I don’t know if it was a different team or what..but iT was special!

milkmanbonzai 02-08-2021 06:35 PM

If there's one thing that's annoying in the commentariat time and time again is the "Well, it SAYS sim-exclusive, but that doesn't mean 2k...". Stop. It does. It does mean that. It's always meant that. The clear delineation of simulation-style sports (aka accurate representation of a sport) and arcade-style (your Jams, Streets, etc) has always been drawn since the subgenres emerged, and EA has made sure it has the resources and negotiations with football brass to be THE company when it comes to sim football.

I *get* it. It hurts not having a 2K-like alternative to push a more competitive field. But you're hoping against hope with very clear legalese what can and can't be done here. You're going to get Madden. You're going to get EACFB. Youre not gonna get a 2K entry that encroaches on either franchise in terms of genre. So make peace with it and if need be, bust out 2K5 again if the itch needs a scratch. It's still fun.

ChaseB 02-08-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckermaine (Post 2050320511)
I don’t know what the difference was in developing of Ncaa 14 and Madden, but I saw a clear and defined game in NCAA that was far ahead of Madden in immersion, gameplay , player locomotives all of it....even in these years gone by.

I don’t know if it was a different team or what..but iT was special!

Again, games can be built in the same engine and still be very different. I played a ton of NCAA 14 that year and not a ton of Madden due to online dynasty and gameplay differences.