Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Anyone experiencing input lag recently? (/forums/showthread.php?t=982394)

Chikiboy 02-17-2021 12:34 AM

Anyone experiencing input lag recently?

About a month ago, I booted up The Show 20 on my PS5 to try and finish out the season I have going in my franchise before The Show 21 lands in April.

Lo-and-behold I’m now experiencing some extreme input lag and I have no idea as to why this is now happening.

I’ve checked all of the usual things like being set to Game mode on my TV and controller settings, etc.

It’s made the game nearly unplayable. I can’t catch up to 92 mph fastballs down the pipe. In my last game Nathan Eovaldi had 15 punch outs. And I’m an experienced The Show player (been buying The Show since 09).

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Kotter 02-17-2021 10:34 PM

Re: Anyone experiencing input lag recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chikiboy (Post 2050325217)
About a month ago, I booted up The Show 20 on my PS5 to try and finish out the season I have going in my franchise before The Show 21 lands in April.

Lo-and-behold I’m now experiencing some extreme input lag and I have no idea as to why this is now happening.

I’ve checked all of the usual things like being set to Game mode on my TV and controller settings, etc.

It’s made the game nearly unplayable. I can’t catch up to 92 mph fastballs down the pipe. In my last game Nathan Eovaldi had 15 punch outs. And I’m an experienced The Show player (been buying The Show since 09).

This oddly happened to me out of the blue last October or so. I tired a different game and the same input delay occurred. I unplugged my TV and plugged it back in and that solved it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Red_Ted_is_back 02-18-2021 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotter (Post 2050325709)
This oddly happened to me out of the blue last October or so. I tired a different game and the same input delay occurred. I unplugged my TV and plugged it back in and that solved it.

Good luck!

Have you checked the general game settings on the PS5 (not MLB The Show settings).

Settings -> Saved Data and Game/App settings -> Game Presets

There’s a performance mode, try that.

I switched from PS4 Pro to PS5 and changed nothing else (same monitor, same Ethernet cable) and I’m not experiencing issues.

bayman 02-18-2021 12:21 PM

Did you double check that your TV is set to game mode?

Kotter 02-18-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Ted_is_back (Post 2050325832)
Have you checked the general game settings on the PS5 (not MLB The Show settings).

Settings -> Saved Data and Game/App settings -> Game Presets

There’s a performance mode, try that.

I switched from PS4 Pro to PS5 and changed nothing else (same monitor, same Ethernet cable) and I’m not experiencing issues.

Yeah like I said it happened in October and power cycling the TV solved the issue for me. Haven’t had any issues since, including going from a Pro to a 5 like yourself. Haven’t changed any settings and getting glorious smoothness for MLB 20.

The OP may want to check out that setting though.

Red_Ted_is_back 02-18-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotter (Post 2050326086)
Yeah like I said it happened in October and power cycling the TV solved the issue for me. Haven’t had any issues since, including going from a Pro to a 5 like yourself. Haven’t changed any settings and getting glorious smoothness for MLB 20.

The OP may want to check out that setting though.

Oops I quoted the wrong person! Good to hear it’s all good for you too :)

Caulfield 02-18-2021 06:54 PM

whenever I start a game, I turn my internet connection to off. even when I'm playing Show 14, which was decommissioned from online a few years back, I still have lag so internet connection off is the only way I'll play now.

Red_Ted_is_back 02-19-2021 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chikiboy (Post 2050325217)

See my post above, I replied to Kotter by mistake. Hope it helps.