Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21 (/forums/showthread.php?t=982403)

ChaseB 02-17-2021 04:15 PM

How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21

When SDS announced the “Full Minors” feature coming to MLB The Show 20, it came with...

Written By: Joe Doyle

Click here to view the article.

Holy Toledo 02-17-2021 04:43 PM

The rosters last year had Korey Lee as the #1 overall prospect in the game despite no publication having him as a top 100 prospect.* They also had Wander Franco at #38 and behind 11 other shortstops despite being #1 in all the publications.* Hopefully their is more review and oversight this time around.

The Kid 24 02-17-2021 06:13 PM

Re: How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Toledo (Post 2050325516)
The rosters last year had Korey Lee as the #1 overall prospect in the game despite no publication having him as a top 100 prospect.* They also had Wander Franco at #38 and behind 11 other short stops despite being #1 in all the publications.* Hopefully their is more review and oversight this time around.

I dont think theres anything they can do about that... Seems random or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Caulfield 02-17-2021 06:35 PM

I'm stunned there's no mention that the Single A roster section was a complete work of fiction, as fake as the 19 minor league roster or any previous year. I never understood how Sony in good conscious passed the default off as real and full, while in reality only Triple A & Double A was real and full.

however, all in all, I rated their effort as somewhere between a C+ & a B-, and still light years ahead of previous default rosters. but plenty room for improvement, no doubt there. I don't know if they just ran out of time last year to do Single A before the game went gold, I never heard.

Bullit 02-17-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2050325586)
I'm stunned there's no mention that the Single A roster section was a complete work of fiction, as fake as the 19 minor league roster or any previous year. I never understood how Sony in good conscious passed the default off as real and full, while in reality only Triple A & Double A was real and full.

however, all in all, I rated their effort as somewhere between a C+ & a B-, and still light years ahead of previous default rosters. but plenty room for improvement, no doubt there. I don't know if they just ran out of time last year to do Single A before the game went gold, I never heard.

I disagree with you in the BOLDED part. Previous Default Rosters may have had more fictional players in them. But they were better balanced and more complete. At least before all of the fictional players had audio names entered and some equipment done. They also did not trigger 30 trades in the first month. Overall in my opinion this year was the worst Default Roster they ever put forward.

Caulfield 02-18-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullit (Post 2050325679)
I disagree with you in the BOLDED part. Previous Default Rosters may have had more fictional players in them. But they were better balanced and more complete. At least before all of the fictional players had audio names entered and some equipment done. They also did not trigger 30 trades in the first month. Overall in my opinion this year was the worst Default Roster they ever put forward.

yeah, forgot they were pretty unbalanced, I had 9 catchers on my Orioles roster

MetsFan16 02-18-2021 10:44 AM

Will the MiLB realignment be represented in this year’s game?

My only gripe with SCEA rosters is that equipment edits are not saved across all rosters. I have to go in before my franchise and make franchise specific changes.

It works with SOTS, curious how possible it would be for equipment

CBoller1331 02-18-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetsFan16 (Post 2050325963)
Will the MiLB realignment be represented in this year’s game?

My only gripe with SCEA rosters is that equipment edits are not saved across all rosters. I have to go in before my franchise and make franchise specific changes.

It works with SOTS, curious how possible it would be for equipment

I would imagine the realignment will be in this years game....at least for whatever changes were made to AA / AAA. The realignment actually makes a "Full(er) Minors" (full Single-A roster, plus extras at Low-A...or maybe even full rosters at both levels) more feasible for sure since they dont have to worry about Rookie ball.

And yes having equipment saved across all modes like SOTS would be a welcome feature

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app