Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Mario Golf: Super Rush Releases on June 25 For Nintendo Switch (/forums/showthread.php?t=982414)

Steve_OS 02-17-2021 09:09 PM

Mario Golf: Super Rush Releases on June 25 For Nintendo Switch

Nintendo has announced Mario Golf: Super Rush, scheduled to arrive on June 25 for the Nintendo...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Ronoko 02-17-2021 09:21 PM

Re: Mario Golf: Super Rush Releases on June 25 For Nintendo Switch

And now I want a switch. The last everybodys golf was pretty disappointing

ChaseB 02-17-2021 11:26 PM

Papa is ready for new Mario Golf.

The Senator 02-18-2021 01:08 PM

Speed Golf looks like a blast, I'm not ashamed to say that I may have done something similar on the links far back in my youth.

pietasterp 02-19-2021 02:14 PM

For as much of a stickler as I am about a true top-shelf 'sim golf' game (which doesn't exist right now IMO), I've always had a soft spot for these Mario golf games for some reason. I don't know whether it goes back to my kid days and the original "Golf" title on NES (which, by the way, was not a jokey cartoon golf game; it was actually a pretty serious golf game, despite starring what looked like a late-middle-aged past-his-prime Mario as the golfer), but even golden oldies like "NES Open Golf" have always tickled my fancy for whatever reason. Anyway, I don't have a Switch and don't plan to get one, but if I did, I would definitely get this game.

Crazy Packers Fan 04-07-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pietasterp (Post 2050326662)
For as much of a stickler as I am about a true top-shelf 'sim golf' game (which doesn't exist right now IMO), I've always had a soft spot for these Mario golf games for some reason. I don't know whether it goes back to my kid days and the original "Golf" title on NES (which, by the way, was not a jokey cartoon golf game; it was actually a pretty serious golf game, despite starring what looked like a late-middle-aged past-his-prime Mario as the golfer), but even golden oldies like "NES Open Golf" have always tickled my fancy for whatever reason. Anyway, I don't have a Switch and don't plan to get one, but if I did, I would definitely get this game.

Mario Golf 64 was actually a very good sim game. In fact, MG64 may have been the best-ever sim golf game up to that point in time. After that, Camelot/Nintendo moved away from sim golf and added all kinds of gimmicks. None of the following games have been nearly as good as the original. I'm hoping this one follows more in 64's footsteps, but I have my doubts.