Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher? (/forums/showthread.php?t=982667)

caseyj622 02-26-2021 03:22 AM

Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher?

Does anyone know the last version of the show that you can watch the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher after every pitch, not just sometimes? I get they took it out to make the game faster, but I am a sucker for immersion. Oh yeah, and also what was the last year they had the option to turn the homerun camera off? Can't stand how they took these things away.

Armor and Sword 02-26-2021 07:20 AM

Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher?

You gotta go back to the PS3 and MLB The Show 11 for your wants in your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Iron 02-26-2021 07:42 AM

Re: Last year the catcher throws back to the pitcher?

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyj622 (Post 2050330207)
Does anyone know the last version of the show that you can watch the catcher throw the ball back to the pitcher after every pitch, not just sometimes? I get they took it out to make the game faster, but I am a sucker for immersion. Oh yeah, and also what was the last year they had the option to turn the homerun camera off? Can't stand how they took these things away.

I’m with you here. Would be nice to have the option.

lunch pale gang 02-26-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyj622 (Post 2050330207)

I'm with ya' on both counts. To be fair, the home run camera isn't a complete deal breaker for me as far as immersion, because at least it's not removing anything from the actual flow of the game. But, as a full 9 inning, let every cut scene play type of player that I am, the deletion sometimes of the full throw back to the pitcher annoys me. For a game that is so beautiful to look at and play, and it gets so may of the little things correct, the automatic jump right into the next pitch is jarring and pulls me out of the realism experience.

CBoller1331 02-26-2021 02:39 PM

I honestly love the Home Run camera...I know I'm probably in the minority there...but I certainly wouldn't mind an option to turn it off or tone it down.

I'm also 100% with you that I wish the game still showed the action (or I suppose lack of action is more accurate) between pitches. It was so easy for anyone who didn't care for it to skip it.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

caseyj622 02-26-2021 03:49 PM

Jeez, I didn't know it was all the way back to ps3.. Can't believe it's been that long.

Armor and Sword 02-26-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyj622 (Post 2050330502)
Jeez, I didn't know it was all the way back to ps3.. Can't believe it's been that long.

Time flies man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

snaz16 02-26-2021 05:55 PM

I remember back to MVP 05 that you could actually throw the ball around the horn after an out. I know in the grand scheme its not a big deal,but it did keep my head more in the game.