Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=982920)

ChaseB 03-05-2021 02:16 PM

MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode

When we last talked about franchise mode in MLB The Show 21, Bob discussed how he...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z7XQmk6i8tI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChaseB 03-05-2021 02:17 PM

Re: MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode

If you want, power rank the 5 things you want most of out franchise mode this year either here or over on the YT video, thanks for being awesome y'all.

knucklecutter 03-05-2021 02:28 PM

1. MUCH better ai logic (lineups, rotations, injuries etc..)
2. Bigger rosters (more player slots total)
3. rotating schedules (year after year)
4. more equipment brands (ex. Nike catchers gear)
5. year to year saves (with the ability to add or remove players from rosters so you're not stuck with the same people for ever. In a year or so when a new player comes on the scene it'd be nice to have them in the franchise as well.)

SashaBanksFan4Ever 03-05-2021 02:33 PM

Edit manager numbers would be useful.

countryboy 03-05-2021 02:39 PM

My power rank:

1) EXPANDED ROSTERS

Not to sound like a broken record, but in my personal opinion, until this is done, Franchise mode will continue to be extremely limited in the roster logic, trade logic, financial logic, etc...that it so desperately needs, along with the idea of deeper draft with international signing period and non-roster spring training invites.

2) MAKE MANAGERS/COACHES MATTER

Managers and coaches are just name alone in this game, and really have no impact whatsoever on the gameplay. They are "attribute influencers", but imo its extremely insignificant, if significant at all. We need coaches with personalities who have their own approach on managing the game from being aggressive on the basepaths, to playing small ball, shifting on defense, managing pitching staff/bullpen, etc....

And please please please...I beg you...please stop making fake managers/coaches wear jackets all year long. Please

3) OVERHAUL TRAINING

This will go along or work with making coaches/managers matter. Training is too basic. I want to work with a prospect who is a dead pull hitter, learn to hit the ball the other way, or at least up the middle. I want to teach a kid a new position aside from just going in an editing his secondary position to where I want them to play. I want to help a starter develop a solid 4th or 5th pitch, etc...

4) MORE CONTRACT OPTIONS

This will require a change to how financials work, but we need more contract options. Currently you can front load, balance, or back load a contract which is nice, but what about signing a player to say a 7 year contract with opt outs in years 3 and 5 or things along those lines.

I'll throw minor league contracts with non-roster invites to Spring Training to this list, but we need roster expansion first, imo.

5) INJURY HISTORY

This is vital in my opinion to help add depth to franchise. If a pitcher has had arm troubles and a free agent the offseason after injury, the chances of him getting a big pay day or long term deal are less likely due to not being sure how durable he will be. Same with players with knee, ankle injuries, etc...

BONUS

I know its cheating, but I wanted to list the 5 things that have yet to be in the game to be there, but year to year saves need to return. Please SDS bring back Y2Y saves!

The Kid 24 03-05-2021 02:55 PM

I just want Nike catcher's equipment in the game!!!!!!!!!! Haha sorry!

Jeffrey Smith 03-05-2021 03:19 PM

Expanded rosters
Better AI logic
Expanded trade hub
Expanded scouting and draft
Expansion mode

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Therebelyell626 03-05-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kid 24 (Post 2050334458)
I just want Nike catcher's equipment in the game!!!!!!!!!! Haha sorry!

If anything, you are consistent. And I can appreciate that lol