Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   R.B.I. Baseball 21 Available Today (/forums/showthread.php?t=983251)

MJ200 03-15-2021 03:13 PM

R.B.I. Baseball 21 Available Today

R.B.I. Baseball 21 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC, via...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

baconbits11 03-15-2021 03:43 PM

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 21 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ200 (Post 2050339348)
the only thing I like about this game is that the camera stays on the batter long enough to see where the ball is going off the bat while you are pitching.
Wish the Show and super mega baseball had that.

Doesn't the dynamic camera on the show do that?

EDIT: I found a video review for the Switch version here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvoAiYj77hA

douevenbench 03-15-2021 07:36 PM

Looks solid...hopefully a 9pm pst. release...lots of options!

TerryP 03-15-2021 08:43 PM

Hoping to hear some positive comments about gameplay more than anything. Still over a month to the other game.

driz14 03-16-2021 10:34 AM

Picked up the game last night. It's definitely WAY better than any version of RBI they have released to date. Feature heavy and a lot of settings to mess around with including sliders. Difficulty already seems dialed down. I didn't get blown out in the first inning like in previous years. I'm probably terrible at it regardless. Day to night transitions look great. The stadiums and overall feel of each park are well done. I shockingly like the commentary. Simple and not overdone but adds a welcome change to the series. It definitely has the flavor of the 2k baseball games. If you play the game for what it is then you will enjoy it.

The biggest downside? They still have the suck-up animations when fielding a ball. So many times when fielding a ball it clearly looked well past me but somehow lands in my glove. Hitting is the same way. A ball that looks like you went opposite field gets pulled and vice versa. It's also supposed to be Series X | S optimized. The lie detector determined that was a lie. Joking. But seriously, the game is VERY choppy depending on the camera view. Especially in Home Run Derby. Yikes. Loading times are surprisingly longer than I expected on the Series X. No HDR or AutoHDR. I'd really like to know what's supposed to be optimized here? Not expecting much but still. All in all, if you can get past the oddities that come along with the series, it's still fun for $30 bucks. I'm all for supporting more baseball games!

boomhauertjs 03-16-2021 11:13 AM

How are the new batting and pitching options?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Kccitystar 03-16-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhauertjs (Post 2050339753)
How are the new batting and pitching options?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

With Modern hitting, swings are separated by traditional power, normal and contact buttons, although there's no way to visually figure out the swing location (players have a consistent level swing regardless of pitch location) but they do have the analog stick dictate the influence of the hit.

Modern Pitching has changed a bit, so instead of a confidence meter after selecting the pitch and performing it, you are seeing this instead:

Inner circle gives you a location, Outer circle affects confidence. Holding the pitch button expands the inner circle and you release the button when the inner circle meets the outer one for maximum confidence.

Keep the questions coming, would love to answer them

Eh-Red 03-16-2021 03:23 PM

The rosters in this are abysmal. You would think that a game produced by MLB would have more accurate rosters or at least have an update on their rosters on release day.