Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why? (/forums/showthread.php?t=983369)

EonBlue 03-21-2021 01:15 AM

Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why?

In prior version in coach mode the QB would move in the pocket, but not in Madden 21. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Operation Sports mobile app

forme95 03-21-2021 11:41 AM

Re: Trying to play coach mode but QB wont move in the pocket? Why?

Qb won't scramble, or won't throw the ball or anything?

Do you have coach mode in MM "on", and also, you can't hit anything after you hike the ball.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

EonBlue 03-21-2021 02:59 PM

Coach mode is on. QB will make a pass. It just wont move in the pocket at all.

TheButter 03-21-2021 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Madden coach mode is a incredibly flawed system, and completely generalized. Maddens just not made for sim type plays.

I will never not recommend NFL Head Coach 09 for coach mode players. It's much more realistic, challenging, and it's tailored to the strengths of the players and playbook.

For example, Mike Martz calls the plays as the OC in SF and uses the "Greatest Show On Turf" offense that made Kurt Warner IRL, makes a pre Alex Smith, Alex Smith a MVP candidate with a pass heavy offense.

If you have a superstar WR, your QB takes note of that and if he's by far the best on the team, they'll basically play catch all game like Romo to Dez Bryant.

Not to mention the much more realistic salary cap, and draft, and free agency.

Plus the play knowledge aspect of the game.Attachment 190560

TheButter 03-21-2021 05:35 PM

www.reddit.com/r/NFLHeadCoachSeries

There's a more in depth pros and cons list of it on there if you're reading this and want to know more about the classic gem.

Monty White 04-12-2021 06:32 PM

It's incredibly frustrating watching the opposition QB take off, while your own stands there statue like waiting for the inevitable sack.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

NINJAK2 04-13-2021 08:33 PM

The only semi-remedy to this is to choose "Slow Sim-Jump to next play" when you want to pass. This is not perfect because:
1. This allows the CPU to choose the play and they may choose to run instead of pass.
2. This obviously takes play calling out of your hands which defeats the purpose of a coach mode.

Potential positive to this method is that I have seen my QB scramble at times when threatened which they will NEVER do when you ACTUALLY call plays...

P.S.- Don't bother calling Option Plays in Coach mode as the QB will keep the ball EVERY TIME regardless of the coverage

StefJoeHalt 04-18-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EonBlue (Post 2050342487)
In prior version in coach mode the QB would move in the pocket, but not in Madden 21. Am I missing something?

If you player lock a running back or TE who is blocking or in check/release, QB will scramble, and the RB or TE will self control..but needs to be in pass pro, or check and release

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports