Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming (/forums/showthread.php?t=984095)

timmg 04-13-2021 04:26 PM

Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

I scored 3-4 baskets in a row with Lebron, then the cpu center leaves his man to come double Lebron at the 3pt line🙄 makes no sense

aimlessgun 04-13-2021 06:31 PM

Re: Anyway to STOP the cpu from double teaming

Yeah the double team logic is pretty terrible, AI goes for it in situations even where the open man easily passed to and the target is a good ballhandler/passer. I'm not sure if any of the attributes make them smarter about this (which could be adjusted with sliders) or its just some stupid override that kicks in.

timmg 04-13-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlessgun (Post 2050356605)
Yeah the double team logic is pretty terrible, AI goes for it in situations even where the open man easily passed to and the target is a good ballhandler/passer. I'm not sure if any of the attributes make them smarter about this (which could be adjusted with sliders) or its just some stupid override that kicks in.

I control all 30 teams, wondering if theres something in the coach profiles

kane412 04-21-2021 12:14 AM

I’m desperate for an answer to this as well. I primarily play as the sixers and average like 10 assists a game with Embiid bc the double team logic repeatedly leaves Curry, Harris and Green wide open for shooting practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

dvir10 04-23-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane412 (Post 2050364106)
I’m desperate for an answer to this as well. I primarily play as the sixers and average like 10 assists a game with Embiid bc the double team logic repeatedly leaves Curry, Harris and Green wide open for shooting practice.

Are we talking next gen or current gen?
I recommend you to put cpu defensive awareness to 99 in the sliders menu + change sides before tipoff and change help defense to 50 on the coach sliders. And if that doesn’t help, go to defensive settings and change the double team setting for Joel Embiid

kane412 04-26-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvir10 (Post 2050365967)
Are we talking next gen or current gen?

I recommend you to put cpu defensive awareness to 99 in the sliders menu + change sides before tipoff and change help defense to 50 on the coach sliders. And if that doesn’t help, go to defensive settings and change the double team setting for Joel Embiid

Current gen. I have done those things for all of the settings you mentioned. Nothing seems to change the AI response. I think it’s just broken. It has to do with his badges and attributes. If I were to drop his post control to like 50 overall, the double stops coming, but then you lose the advantage of his actual skill set.

tonio5100 05-09-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane412 (Post 2050368278)
Current gen. I have done those things for all of the settings you mentioned. Nothing seems to change the AI response. I think it’s just broken. It has to do with his badges and attributes. If I were to drop his post control to like 50 overall, the double stops coming, but then you lose the advantage of his actual skill set.

So when you dropped Embiid post control to 50 the double teams stopped coming even when Embiid was still piling up the points?

ILLSmak 05-19-2021 04:04 PM

Scream STOP IT at the TV.

-Smak