Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   custom rosters without the nicknames? (/forums/showthread.php?t=984096)

srg_southpaw 04-13-2021 04:42 PM

custom rosters without the nicknames?

It amazes me that there is not the option to turn this on or off. Instead, it appears that I am stuck with custom rosters that contain nicknames such as 'ABC'.

I was curious if there are any rosters that were created not using real NBA players names that are not using nicknames such as ABC. Is there a way to remove these?

The other thought I had was to use the current NBA roster and just start editing the names and perhaps there won't be as many nicknames to worry about.

Honestly, I am at a loss.

paqofskillz 04-14-2021 11:27 AM

Re: custom rosters without the nicknames?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srg_southpaw (Post 2050356561)
It amazes me that there is not the option to turn this on or off. Instead, it appears that I am stuck with custom rosters that contain nicknames such as 'ABC'.

I was curious if there are any rosters that were created not using real NBA players names that are not using nicknames such as ABC. Is there a way to remove these?

The other thought I had was to use the current NBA roster and just start editing the names and perhaps there won't be as many nicknames to worry about.

Honestly, I am at a loss.

Theres no way To fix it, but if you want to choose the nickname that's said just go to player edit, import the same player (don't matter which option to copy) and before exiting go to vitals and the nickname option should pop up. This the only way it will pop up. If you exit and try to edit again the option won't be there and you will have to import again

taildog 04-17-2021 10:58 AM

Try creating players using a new custom draft class instead of create a player mode. That used to work in previous years

jimbo3772 04-21-2021 12:27 PM

It really is silly that there is no option for "none" on the nicknames. The way I get around it is to import the player DNA into one of the generic players at the bottom of classic team rosters. Those guys don't have nicknames and it imports the DNA of your created player without a nickname. You do not want to use a current NBA player to do that as you'll still get the player's commentary, interviews, etc. even though you imported over him...that other sort of stuff remains attached to the player.