Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Next gen question (/forums/showthread.php?t=984106)

Jagsfan24 04-13-2021 08:33 PM

Next gen question

I’ve noticed this issue since I got the series x a few months ago but didn’t see any threads about it so figure I finally ask but, is it normal I guess that before every game I play it defaults to the ARI off/def playbook? And I have to manually switch it before every game.

Or after each possession it defaults to coach suggestions. Was curious if that’s normal for next gen or if there’s a way to fix it?

Richie71 04-14-2021 03:15 AM

Re: Next gen question

Playbook, no that's not normal. Take a look at your coach profile and settings.

Can't help with the possession and play call issue, as I use coach suggestions on offence, and call my own defence. So I'm on coach suggestions anyway.

Jagsfan24 04-14-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie71 (Post 2050356835)
Playbook, no that's not normal. Take a look at your coach profile and settings.

Can't help with the possession and play call issue, as I use coach suggestions on offence, and call my own defence. So I'm on coach suggestions anyway.

I'll look into the coach profile thing to double check, from what I recall the coach profile is set to team specific of whatever team I am using

JoshC1977 04-14-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagsfan24 (Post 2050356652)
I’ve noticed this issue since I got the series x a few months ago but didn’t see any threads about it so figure I finally ask but, is it normal I guess that before every game I play it defaults to the ARI off/def playbook? And I have to manually switch it before every game.

Check your main menu settings and see if they are set to 'Team Default'. I've not had this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagsfan24 (Post 2050356652)
Or after each possession it defaults to coach suggestions. Was curious if that’s normal for next gen or if there’s a way to fix it?

I think that's normal...it seems to do that for whatever reason.

PhillyPhanatic14 04-14-2021 11:52 AM

I guess people experience different things, but in my experience the Playbook Bug you're dealing with is normal. I've had that as a constant bug on my series x since next gen launched. No way around it. Setting default profile playbook & coach playbook does nothing. I've tweeted the devs asking for them to look at it and gotten no response. It's a super annoying bug. I've tried new franchises and it's always a bug for me.

JoshC1977 04-14-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050357026)
I guess people experience different things, but in my experience the Playbook Bug you're dealing with is normal. I've had that as a constant bug on my series x since next gen launched. No way around it. Setting default profile playbook & coach playbook does nothing. I've tweeted the devs asking for them to look at it and gotten no response. It's a super annoying bug. I've tried new franchises and it's always a bug for me.

Using Live books or default ones?

(I'm using the latter....)

PhillyPhanatic14 04-14-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2050357096)
Using Live books or default ones?

(I'm using the latter....)

I've tried both. The game defaults to live playbooks being off no matter what I choose in the main menu or in CFM though. It's really frustrating. I have to set it all up manually before every game or I'm stuck with non-Live Arizona every game.

IlluminatusUIUC 04-14-2021 01:57 PM

I do have the in-game switch problem, but not the pre-game one. I have mine set to custom playbooks, which might be the issue.

That being said, uniforms were (and remain) bugged on Madden 20 multiplayer. No matter what you selected in the menu, it would revert to default unis once you connected. It might be an extension of that bug.