Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Lighting - Too Dark? (/forums/showthread.php?t=984342)

TNKNGM 04-17-2021 11:15 PM

Lighting - Too Dark?

What's the story with how dark everything is in night games? When batting, you can barely even tell that there are fans in the outfield seats

Is it me.....or is it way too dark in certain areas of the ballparks?

Archie56 04-17-2021 11:20 PM

Re: Lighting - Too Dark?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNKNGM (Post 2050361003)
What's the story with how dark everything is in night games? When batting, you can barely even tell that there are fans in the outfield seats

Is it me.....or is it way too dark in certain areas of the ballparks?

I have had zero issues with night games. I don't know what y'all are seeing but for me it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SmashMan 04-17-2021 11:41 PM

It’s darker, but too dark? I don’t know - definitely a subjective thing.

If it’s not a lighting bug I’m guessing the aim is to either put focus on the field or just better depict that if you’re a player out there, you’re not going to see every fan lit up by stadium lights.

Frostball 04-17-2021 11:43 PM

Yeah I thought so too, was playing in Texas at night and was damn it is dark

LastActionHero 04-17-2021 11:47 PM

Some stadiums seem fine, others not so much, especially Texas I noticed it.

Playboy™ 04-17-2021 11:53 PM

I was hoping on next Gen the fields were brighter like in real life. I always felt the fields weren’t bright enough specifically the outfield area in past games.

jimmy13 04-17-2021 11:57 PM

Yeah lighting is broken in a lot of the stadiums. And it’s an issue with the PS4 version as well. From what I can tell all of the cities skylines are totally blacked out for night games, many of the signs and stadiums that are supposed to be illuminated or dark. It’s like half of the lights are out in a lot of stadiums. The beautiful lighting inside of domed stadiums, afternoon games the sun was shining and it looked really good, that lighting is now gone. Hopefully they are able to fix this somehow. I thought on next gen the lighting would be better. It makes the game feel unfinished.

Keirik 04-18-2021 12:08 AM

Can we get a list of stadiums too dark? Maybe system, version, hdr tv, etc just to maybe see a trend