Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Pinpoint Pitching Help (/forums/showthread.php?t=984500)

TuffJuff 04-20-2021 06:39 PM

Pinpoint Pitching Help

Was excited to try this new mechanic out. Was thrilled when I actually walked 2 batters early..... not as much when I had 9 walks and 7 wild pitches through 3.1 innings. Am I doing something wrong? I get pitches like 24% that are wild pitches, but even pitches in the 70-85% were no where near the zone. Slurves and change ups down low were wild pitches every time. What’s going on? This is HOF difficulty btw

Blzer 04-20-2021 06:48 PM

Re: Pin Point Pitching

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuffJuff (Post 2050363869)
Was excited to try this new mechanic out. Was thrilled when I actually walked 2 batters early..... not as much when I had 9 walks and 7 wild pitches through 3.1 innings. Am I doing something wrong? I get pitches like 24% that are wild pitches, but even pitches in the 70-85% were no where near the zone. Slurves and change ups down low were wild pitches every time. What’s going on? This is HOF difficulty btw

Well, I'd tell you to turn down the difficulty for one. It's called Hall of Fame for a reason, after all.

The thing also literally gives you feedback, does it not? Too fast, too slow, and shows your exact gesture? I'd say you kind of have everything you need.

Not sure what we can offer unless we see it in action. Capture some video, then it might become apparent.

ChaseB 04-20-2021 06:51 PM

Re: Pin Point Pitching

Yeah, we'd need to see what your feedback is. But, in short, the pace of the motion, and then the downward flick when the pitcher releases the ball are the two most important elements to nail.

cvantu 04-20-2021 07:12 PM

Re: Pinpoint Pitching Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuffJuff (Post 2050363869)

This may help you. It is short and to the point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-cvivkDXyw