Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Is this the worst live roster ever? (/forums/showthread.php?t=984564)

Gocanes44 04-22-2021 06:50 AM

Is this the worst live roster ever?

In all my years playing sports games I cannot recall a worse set of Out of the box or live rosters, ever. Ages, positions, missing players, even attributes and potentials feel off.

Hart1331 04-22-2021 10:07 AM

Re: Is this the worst live roster ever?

Yeah honestly. I'm usually pretty lenient one day one release rosters. But when they game comes out a MONTH after the actual season starts, and they don't even have the correct opening day rosters, flat out wrong information, guys like Vladdy Jr a 73 overall?! It literally looks like they didn't touch it since like January.

Fuimus Troes 04-22-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart1331 (Post 2050365169)
Yeah honestly. I'm usually pretty lenient one day one release rosters. But when they game comes out a MONTH after the actual season starts, and they don't even have the correct opening day rosters, flat out wrong information, guys like Vladdy Jr a 73 overall?! It literally looks like they didn't touch it since like January.

That's low considering this year, but it's not very far off from his first two years. Go buy his card, I guess!

Therebelyell626 04-22-2021 12:10 PM

They only care about DD. Why adjust ratings year to year to replicate a realistic interpretation on today’s baseball, when your just going to release a 99 overall “future star” Vladimir Guerrero card that everyone is going to chase anyway? Why adjust players ages when In the DD the only mode you care about, players never age? Why adjust players positions when you can literally play almost any player out of position on DD with very little consequence?

Does this answer your question?

Armor and Sword 04-22-2021 12:17 PM

It is a clear reflection of where the game’s priorities are these days. Pretty simple.

Best thing to do is wait for the OS roster community to get to work and share on the vault....oh wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Therebelyell626 04-22-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor and Sword (Post 2050365286)
It is a clear reflection of where the game’s priorities are these days. Pretty simple.

Best thing to do is wait for the OS roster community to get to work and share on the vault....oh wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

If you can even download rosters out of the vault at some point. Just saying

JoshC1977 04-22-2021 12:36 PM

The live rosters were terrific until last year when they started doing the full minors crap. They got too hung up on "prospects" versus producing an accurate representation of the minors that meshes with the franchise mode.

The so-called "hardcore" franchise community begged for it and got it...welp....you reap what you sow.

countryboy 04-22-2021 12:36 PM

Or you can take some time, fix the things that bother you or that are incorrect and then go about playing the game instead of waiting on rosters.

Is it annoying to have to fix things? Sure. But at least you're not fully at the mercy of SDS or anyone else to make the correction as you have the same ability within the game.

I added players missing, fixed some errors, made additional changes that I wanted in the game and am off playing and enjoying the game (franchise)