Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Diamond Dynasty (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   Are there injuries? (/forums/showthread.php?t=984939)

imreal 05-02-2021 01:24 AM

Are there injuries?

First time playing diamond dynasty.

I don't really want to have a backup catcher if I don't need to.

Kenzojoe 05-02-2021 03:50 AM

Re: Are there injuries?

No. There's not. In years passed, a pitcher would be forced out if hit with a ball, but I haven't seen that yet this year. Just make sure, you have a guy with secondary catcher ability, just in case you deplete your bench and decide to only carry one true catcher. If someone behind the dish that doesn't have catcher in any position, he'll drop everything pitched to him. Badly.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Operation Sports mobile app

papadell 05-02-2021 09:21 AM

I'm guessing the pitcher hit in the head thing is still in the game.

For catchers, if anything running a backup that is faster is a good call.

imreal 05-02-2021 12:52 PM

Right now I have Willson Contreras from the cubs as my starter. Besides Realmuto (Who's a diamond I think) who's faster/better?

papadell 05-02-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imreal (Post 2050372635)
Right now I have Willson Contreras from the cubs as my starter. Besides Realmuto (Who's a diamond I think) who's faster/better?

Jason Kendall and Live Series Will Smith are two off the top of my head.

Smith has been one of my best overall hitters. I'm reluctantly starting Piazza over him. He has decent speed but not significantly higher than Contreras I don't think. But I love that card.

imreal 05-02-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papadell (Post 2050372641)
Jason Kendall and Live Series Will Smith are two off the top of my head.

Smith has been one of my best overall hitters. I'm reluctantly starting Piazza over him. He has decent speed but not significantly higher than Contreras I don't think. But I love that card.

Yea. It was a toss up between Salvador Perez & Contreras. Went with the faster guy. Only got a gold squad rn.

papadell 05-02-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imreal (Post 2050372803)
Yea. It was a toss up between Salvador Perez & Contreras. Went with the faster guy. Only got a gold squad rn.

If you perform well with him then keep rolling with him. In Ranked, I'm not sure how many people actually run back-up catchers. Especially with the Extra Inning rule now in effect. It might be more beneficial to have an extra pinch-runner as opposed to a second catcher. So if you do well with Contreras just keep running him out there and levelling him up. That's one of the great things about Parallel is that even those Gold cards can become marginally better and put them on par with cards that are technically "better."

I seriously struggled to put Piazza in over my Level 4 Will Smith. In 36 games online he has 15 HR in 50 AB, hitting .500/slugging 1.500 with an OPS of 2.010. Then when he's playing up on top of it he's actually a gross little monster.

As the year goes and you earn "better" cards or pull them your decision will be easier. This early, though, there's really nothing wrong with a Gold. You could always grind out for the 42 Series Perez too and go from there.

Seltaeb9091 05-06-2021 09:23 AM

I pinballed a line drive off of Aaron Nola's head in a Conquest game, and after writhing on the mound he was replaced, so at the very least pitchers can be injured.