Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   AI trades (/forums/showthread.php?t=984999)

Unforeseenx 05-03-2021 01:04 PM

AI trades

Does anyone know how the AI handles cpu to cpu trades?

When offering Ngakoue to the Vikings they accept the realish trade for a 2nd round 21, and a 22 5th. But when he is on the block, the Vikings do not make an offer. The teams that do, offer 3rd round picks.

For the sake of not making an unbalanced trade it would help to know if the AI only relies on the block to engage in trading, or if it makes offers in the same way we can. Has this ever been observed? Google searches about trade logic only ever show articles and videos about how broken it is, never anything about how it actually works.

Unforeseenx 05-05-2021 08:28 AM

Re: AI trades

So with no replies I figured no one really knows.

I decided the most fair thing to do is only make trades according the value of material offered in the block. I.e, the AI does not view Ngakoue as a 2nd rnd value on the block. But because the Falcons also offered a 5th rd pick, in addition to a 3rd It's fair to direct trade with the Vikings for a 3rd, and 5th even though they did not offer.

I'll apply the same logic to draft position trading.

burth179 05-06-2021 12:23 PM

I would be interested about that as well I don't think anyone really knows. I don't really notice them trading with one another very often anyway

ManyFacedMod 05-09-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burth179 (Post 2050375464)
I would be interested about that as well I don't think anyone really knows. I don't really notice them trading with one another very often anyway

This.

I swear I see almost zero trades. Not to be snarky but the logic cant be that great as it seems to almost always result in "don't do anything."