Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Fielders getting stuck in animations? (/forums/showthread.php?t=985121)

icicle22 05-07-2021 12:03 AM

Fielders getting stuck in animations?

I've played about 20 games and hadn't had many problems but my last 2 franchise games I've gotten burned by excessive animations. Seems like my outfielders lurch left or right if I bump the thumbstick slightly triggering some long animation of them trying to catch a ball that isn't there followed by a stumble and regaining balance before they can turn around and head back the right direction. I'm all for realistic physics but this isn't that. I thought mlb21 was improving on this jerky jerky response by fielders where a slight press on the stick triggers an exxagerated animation. It caused me to give up 3 runs in a game today.

Anyone else seeing an increase here? It's mostly been good but today it just seemed excessive. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

knucklecutter 05-07-2021 12:08 AM

Re: Fielders getting stuck in animations?

I always use auto fielding to see all the good animations. That's just me though.

AnubisJudge 05-07-2021 03:36 AM

I had a glitch on defense too.
First Baseman catching a groundball hip high over the first base bag. He didn't touch the bag tho. After the animation he just stood there looking around.
The runner got to 1st. Scored as an E5.

If this was on purpose, that he really thought he made the out ? I doubt it..

BigOscar 05-07-2021 06:46 AM

Last couple of days I've seen a couple of ones where the computer has fielded a ball and then just stood there, not bothering to either go to the base or throw it to the base, allowing the runner to be safe. Hadn't seen it all until recently though

Chad211 05-09-2021 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOscar (Post 2050375947)
Last couple of days I've seen a couple of ones where the computer has fielded a ball and then just stood there, not bothering to either go to the base or throw it to the base, allowing the runner to be safe. Hadn't seen it all until recently though

Yep, I’ve had a few games in the last couple days with fielders getting stuck in animations, I really feel like this years game was rushed out this years game is the most choppy MLB The Show I’ve played in the last 4 years. I’m a hardcore franchise player and have been for years but this years game is just hard to enjoy because of all the technical issues and it’s good to know that others are seeing the same things too. Last years game was more fun to play and did not have anywhere near the kind of problems this years game is having.

cvantu 05-12-2021 10:28 PM

I believe this is an error caused by the last patch. I've seen it twice since then and never before.