Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   How many of you would want to have a custom scheduling feature? (/forums/showthread.php?t=985186)

sportomatic75 05-08-2021 02:28 PM

How many of you would want to have a custom scheduling feature?

I would love to see a selection at the beginning of the season before or after spring training to set your schedule or opponents in Franchise/RTTS modes. I think it would enhance the experience and picking your interleague opponents would enhance the game.

It would also quiet the schedule rotation in offseason requests that SCEA gets every year

canes21 05-08-2021 03:22 PM

Re: How many of you would want to have a custom scheduling feature?

The more features the better, but SDS can't even figure out how to get rotating interleague schedules into the game so I have 0 faith they would know how to tackle a custom scheduling system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheBleedingRed21 05-08-2021 03:24 PM

Yeah, schedules are difficult, id rather just have inter league schedule rotation before any kind of custom schedule. That’s literally all I want right now.. please please please.

Unlucky 13 05-08-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2050376865)
The more features the better, but SDS can't even figure out how to get rotating interleague schedules into the game so I have 0 faith they would know how to tackle a custom scheduling system.

Has it ever been said WHY they have a problem with it? I mean, older games like Triple Play seemed to have no issue with this.

Ace2734 05-08-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky 13 (Post 2050376869)
Has it ever been said WHY they have a problem with it? I mean, older games like Triple Play seemed to have no issue with this.

Madden used to let you create your own schedule too. Was really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportsfan28 05-08-2021 04:35 PM

I would just be happy with them letting you pick the intersquad opponents at the end of every offseason, and I don’t care what month(s) or days we see that said team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Caulfield 05-08-2021 04:47 PM

now that the 5 year create-a-stadium project is complete Sony can get that dev to work on create-a-schedule for the next 5 years. maybe even be ready by Show 26 at the earliest or possibly in time for the PS6 Show debut at the latest

canes21 05-08-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky 13 (Post 2050376869)

I don't think they've ever really talked about the feature outside of the typical "we hear you". Scheduling is not an easy task to tackle, but they are a AAA developer who has been making this series for 2 decades nearly, so they don't really have an excuse for it not being here already.

They're either completely incapable of creating it or the way they have franchise mode built is keeping them from being able to implement a rotating schedule. I'm not sure which is worse, but the fact that it isn't in the game to date is simply inexcusable.