Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   The Ace (/forums/showthread.php?t=985188)

Boling4Humor 05-08-2021 02:37 PM

The Ace

I’m trying to figure out the contract extension language for The Show. I’m playing as the Brewers and I have Brandon Woodruff and Corbin Burnes due for an extension. Both want to be the Ace. I looked up the terminology for an Ace and it says that the Ace is the number 1 pitcher, however, sometimes the Ace can also be classified as an elite pitcher for the team.

So my question is, for The Show, if I give Burnes the Ace label for the extension, would Woodruff not be able to have that Ace label as well? Is this restricted to one pitcher for your team?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Rmiok222 05-08-2021 02:41 PM

Re: The Ace

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boling4Humor (Post 2050376845)
I’m trying to figure out the contract extension language for The Show. I’m playing as the Brewers and I have Brandon Woodruff and Corbin Burnes due for an extension. Both want to be the Ace. I looked up the terminology for an Ace and it says that the Ace is the number 1 pitcher, however, sometimes the Ace can also be classified as an elite pitcher for the team.

So my question is, for The Show, if I give Burnes the Ace label for the extension, would Woodruff not be able to have that Ace label as well? Is this restricted to one pitcher for your team?

Thanks guys.

You could label them both “ace” if you want. You could label anybody anything it just impacts morale. I haven’t seen morale in this years version though. But I’m still in spring training

Unlucky 13 05-08-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boling4Humor (Post 2050376845)

Thanks guys.

I'm playing on 20 not 21, but in my experience there's nothing preventing you from labeling them both as an ace. The only issue is that one of them might have a drop in his morale, but I would expect that it would likely be fairly minor.

You can promise anything that you want in contract negotiations and the morale is the thing that gets effected the most. The more that you stray from what you offered, the bigger a deal it becomes, and the more the player's on field performance is effected. So if a guy expects to be an Ace and he's in the bullpen, he might have a really big drop.

Ace2734 05-08-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky 13 (Post 2050376871)
I'm playing on 20 not 21, but in my experience there's nothing preventing you from labeling them both as an ace. The only issue is that one of them might have a drop in his morale, but I would expect that it would likely be fairly minor.

You can promise anything that you want in contract negotiations and the morale is the thing that gets effected the most. The more that you stray from what you offered, the bigger a deal it becomes, and the more the player's on field performance is effected. So if a guy expects to be an Ace and he's in the bullpen, he might have a really big drop.

Nothing prevents it, but the only player who gets the “Ace” part of their contract/morale fulfilled is the one in the SP1 spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funkycorm 05-08-2021 04:48 PM

So this answer is different for 21 and then for all previous versions.

For 21: Morale means nothing other than making sure it is green for contract negotiations. No impact on player ratings.

Now for 20 and before: Make them both aces. The one that won't be your ace and be your number 2 will have a slight morale hit. To combat this and assuming they are not at max contract, pay that number 2 starter slightly more. If they want 15.1 per year pay them 15.3 per year. It will negate the slight dip in morale from the role and not impact ratings one way or the other.

Honestly adds a bit of realism. Hey, you aren't our number one guy but we value you so here is some more money.