Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   I don’t want Dynamic to start on Beginner! (/forums/showthread.php?t=985244)

jbuc14 05-10-2021 08:00 PM

I don’t want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

When I played this game the first time after downloading it, I put my pitching at Dynamic difficulty and started at the Hall of Fame level. My preferred pitching difficulty is Hall of Fame+. I also set the game style to competitive. But I eventually realized that I usually use simulation style, so I switched to that. But I can’t reset the default Dynamic option to start on Hall of Fame again; I’d have to start on Beginner and slooooowly pitch my way up to get to Hall of Fame+ again. Is there anything I can do to see that game screen I saw when I first played the game and set the Dyanmic difficulty to start where I want it?

cvantu 05-12-2021 01:09 PM

Re: I don’t want Dynamic to start on Beginner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuc14 (Post 2050378133)
When I played this game the first time after downloading it, I put my pitching at Dynamic difficulty and started at the Hall of Fame level. My preferred pitching difficulty is Hall of Fame+. I also set the game style to competitive. But I eventually realized that I usually use simulation style, so I switched to that. But I can’t reset the default Dynamic option to start on Hall of Fame again; I’d have to start on Beginner and slooooowly pitch my way up to get to Hall of Fame+ again. Is there anything I can do to see that game screen I saw when I first played the game and set the Dyanmic difficulty to start where I want it?

Just turn it off, stick to AllStar, and if it becomes too easy, bump to HOF. I seriously don't understand the logic behind dynamic difficulty and how it's a good thing. The game is not that hard to play. I hated it in Super Mega Baseball as well. You're going to have great games, and you're going to have bad ones, and it doesn't necessarily relate to game difficulty. I don't know...I just like the game playing consistently.

Unlucky 13 05-12-2021 03:04 PM

The best thing to do if you want it at a certain level is to play a non-franchise game and bump the sensitivity in the slider all the way to max. As you play that game, it will rapidly move up (or down) depending on how you do, and then when you have it where you want it, change the slider all the way to zero and it will stay there. Or else, change it to where you want it to be for your preferred sensitivity level.

I typically play on Veteran+, and for some reason, the game changed my slider away from zero to default, and I was getting my rear end handed to me on All Star for a few games, so I played an exhibition game and just stuck out on purpose for a few innings and it got it back down to where I needed it to be, lol.

strosdood 05-12-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvantu (Post 2050379237)
Just turn it off, stick to AllStar, and if it becomes too easy, bump to HOF. I seriously don't understand the logic behind dynamic difficulty and how it's a good thing. The game is not that hard to play. I hated it in Super Mega Baseball as well. You're going to have great games, and you're going to have bad ones, and it doesn't necessarily relate to game difficulty. I don't know...I just like the game playing consistently.

This is so accurate, I don’t want the game to play down to my level to make it seem funnier for me lol I wanna get better and play up to the skill I choose

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Unlucky 13 05-12-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strosdood (Post 2050379363)
This is so accurate, I don’t want the game to play down to my level to make it seem funnier for me lol I wanna get better and play up to the skill I choose

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yeah, I gave up on that a LONG time ago, lol. I need the game to play down to me because my ceiling isn't very high. :cheers:

I hit a point somewhere in my 30s where I just decided that I didn't need to prove anything, and I could just enjoy games on whatever level is right for me. On some non sports games, I even move it down to EASY if I can't get through a certain section. No worries. I move on and keep going.

strosdood 05-12-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlucky 13 (Post 2050379367)
Yeah, I gave up on that a LONG time ago, lol. I need the game to play down to me because my ceiling isn't very high. :cheers:

I hit a point somewhere in my 30s where I just decided that I didn't need to prove anything, and I could just enjoy games on whatever level is right for me. On some non sports games, I even move it down to EASY if I can't get through a certain section. No worries. I move on and keep going.

nothing wrong with that man, i guess my competitive side just still wants to be involved even though my actual baseball career is way over now lol its a big reason i still love video games at 36 years old........keeps me connected to the game even if its virtually

Unlucky 13 05-12-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strosdood (Post 2050379406)
nothing wrong with that man, i guess my competitive side just still wants to be involved even though my actual baseball career is way over now lol its a big reason i still love video games at 36 years old........keeps me connected to the game even if its virtually

My eyes and reflexes were bad enough that I couldn't even hit in little league, lol. Its been an all virtual experience for me from the start.

DodgersFTMFWSW 05-13-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvantu (Post 2050379237)

I actually prefer the Dynamic mode cuz it kinda simulates hot and cold streaks.