Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   PinPoint Fastball Lockup (/forums/showthread.php?t=985462)

cvantu 05-16-2021 07:10 PM

PinPoint Fastball Lockup

Is this a glitch, or is there a reason for it?

This only happens on fastballs for me, and too often enough. You press down, move up, and as you're moving the stick up, everything locks up for a bad pitch.

canes21 05-17-2021 02:58 AM

Re: PinPoint Fastball Lockup

I can't figure out what causes it. I can get 10 straight perfect fastballs in a row then have it happen despite my motion not changing much at all.

The way it happens with fastballs I never see it happen with any other pitches. I do see a similar issue a few times a game where I'll time the release perfectly, but it ends the gesture in the middle and not at the bottom where I pulled the stick resulting in an off target pitch.

At first I thought maybe I was flicking down too quickly, but from more experience with it I'm not as sure that is the case anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cvantu 05-17-2021 03:53 AM

Usually, from what I can tell, when the pulling down for release gets stuck in the middle, it is because the ball released from the pitcher's hand before you completed the gesture to the release point. I've started to pull down a little earlier and this problem clears up. You're probably waiting a hair too late.

As for the fastball? I haven't a clue.

opd897 05-17-2021 07:22 AM

Here's a tip that I found on a different forum. I was having the same problem, thought something was wrong with my right controller stick. I read that if your controller batteries are low this has a tendency to happen. Well it just so happened that I had received the XBOX warning that my batteries were low on power.

I usually just still use the batteries for another day or two as they tend to last that long before shutting down. Anyway I changed out my controller batteries and the issue was completely gone!

Not sure if this is your issue or not but something for everyone to keep in mind at least.

canes21 05-17-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opd897 (Post 2050381854)
Here's a tip that I found on a different forum. I was having the same problem, thought something was wrong with my right controller stick. I read that if your controller batteries are low this has a tendency to happen. Well it just so happened that I had received the XBOX warning that my batteries were low on power.

I usually just still use the batteries for another day or two as they tend to last that long before shutting down. Anyway I changed out my controller batteries and the issue was completely gone!

Not sure if this is your issue or not but something for everyone to keep in mind at least.

My controller is wired with no batteries so I don't believe this is the issue.

cvantu 05-19-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2050381899)
My controller is wired with no batteries so I don't believe this is the issue.

Mine too. We can scratch that theory.

canes21 05-21-2021 06:18 PM

I still cannot figure out what is causing this issue, but I can say that whenever this happens, it is practically guaranteed that my very next pitch is going to be one way off target due to it not sensing your release gesture and ending it nearly immediately.

I've gotten over 100 games under my belt now, and I generally can get my gestures and releases near perfect 90+ % of the time, so I am comfortable with the mechanic at this point. I would say it is easily 85% or more of the time the fastball lockup happens my very next pitch has the release gesture issue. Testing my joystick, it works flawlessly. The controller is wired, so it isn't a low battery issue.

I really cannot figure out what causes it.