Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   How old are you, MLB the Show fan? (/forums/showthread.php?t=985663)

Houston 05-22-2021 09:43 AM

How old are you, MLB the Show fan?

There has not been one of these made since 2012 from the great nomo17k. So I am taking this from the old gen forums and applying it here for us next gen guys.

"Reading how some guys would get PS3, PS4 and now PS5 just for the Show, I got curious about the demographics of gamers who play the Show."

"It's been discussed quite a few times that baseball the sport has been losing some ground on the popularity front (compared to, say, TV viewership for American football). Not sure if the issue is related, but it seems to me that here in OS there are quite a few "mature" gamers who enjoy the Show compared to younger guys in teens, say..."

"To which age group do you belong?"

"I'm in the generation who got brainwashed by the original Nintendo in 1980s. I was stunned by the *realism* when RBI baseball came out in 1986 with the real names of pro baseball players with different player attributes... Imagine giving the kid MLB 12 on Vita!!! How things have changed..."

BlueSkies77 05-22-2021 11:28 AM

Re: How old are you, MLB the Show fan?

I’m 37 and yeah been gaming since I was 5 on the NES, but I didn’t get into baseball games until I played RBI Baseball on the Genesis. And then World Series Baseball blew me away on the Genesis and I’ve loved baseball games ever since. Some of my favorite series are WSB, Triple Play, MVP baseball, and of course The Show. All Star Baseball on the N64 was pretty amazing too.

Rmiok222 05-22-2021 11:31 AM

How old are you, MLB the Show fan?

I just turned 30. I actually completely skipped the ps3 era. I didn’t even have a console during that time period.

I don’t know how I did that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

KnightTemplar 05-22-2021 11:38 AM

74. Walked 200 miles to school in 43 feet of snow growing up.

Polo Bandit 05-22-2021 11:41 AM

I'm 40. First baseball game I played was MLB Baseball on NES. It wasn't all that great, but I rented Bases Loaded and my dad and I loved those games. I remember thinking the graphics were so realistic at the time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

capa 05-22-2021 11:48 AM

65...and long for the Golden era of baseball from the 1960's. Gone forever. Today's game is almost foreign to me...but it is still baseball (for the most part)...

:)

C

Feros Ferio 7 05-22-2021 12:04 PM

37. First baseball game I played was Earl Weaver baseball running on dos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Weaver_Baseball

My brother and I spent time creating modern players in the game using baseball cards for reference to create current rosters. At one point we held a fantasy draft and constructed a schedule and played with those teams.

We could also build stadiums in that game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

wizfan2 05-22-2021 12:14 PM

Numbers can be such an ugly determinate, let's just say I played Tony Larussa Baseball on Sega.:bump: