Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Game crashing for others in franchise mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=985868)

tessl 05-29-2021 10:30 PM

Game crashing for others in franchise mode?

It has happened 4 times recently. Each time during the animation for a relief pitcher entering the game.

I've never had the show crash until now. Using ps5 and sent the video to the developers each time.

shawn306 05-30-2021 07:11 AM

Re: Game crashing for others in franchise mode?

Yes happened to me 3 times in one game. Same situation.

tgreer 05-30-2021 09:16 AM

Yes, MOM when your reliever is entering, the game crashes very frequently! Glad it is not just me as I have lost a ton of games this way and thought I had a faulty PS5. My "fix" has been to save it in-game frequently when i get two outs the inning prior to bringing in the reliever. It works but is frustrating. PLEASE fix this

I have only seen this in MOM. I run the rest of the season CPU vs CPU and it does not do it. I believe it is only in MOM mode

tessl 05-30-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgreer (Post 2050390140)
Yes, MOM when your reliever is entering, the game crashes very frequently! Glad it is not just me as I have lost a ton of games this way and thought I had a faulty PS5. My "fix" has been to save it in-game frequently when i get two outs the inning prior to bringing in the reliever. It works but is frustrating. PLEASE fix this

I have only seen this in MOM. I run the rest of the season CPU vs CPU and it does not do it. I believe it is only in MOM mode

That's me - MOM. Maybe in the next patch we will see a fix. I just submitted a bug report. Thanks for the replies - now I know it isn't just my machine. Can you save without exiting the game?

tgreer 05-31-2021 11:25 AM

No you will have to exit each time and then load it right back up. Definitely a nuisance but load times are good this year. It has only happened when I am the one making the pitching change so I always save it when I get two outs when my team is batting the inning before or if there is a key play (scoring change etc)

Really hope they fix this soon. My games take 2 hours as is and I don't like the fear of getting booted

tessl 05-31-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgreer (Post 2050390670)
No you will have to exit each time and then load it right back up. Definitely a nuisance but load times are good this year. It has only happened when I am the one making the pitching change so I always save it when I get two outs when my team is batting the inning before or if there is a key play (scoring change etc)

Really hope they fix this soon. My games take 2 hours as is and I don't like the fear of getting booted

I've only seen it when I change pitchers also.

You can speed up the games by using fast play and changing the countdown clock to zero. Takes about an hour a game if you do that.

Maybe they will patch this but if it is only happening in manage mode it could be on the back burner.

bullpen45 05-31-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgreer (Post 2050390140)

I'm having the same problem...and playing on Xbox-S

tessl 05-31-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullpen45 (Post 2050390748)
I'm having the same problem...and playing on Xbox-S

I would recommend going to the official site and filing a bug report. The more of us who do it the better our chances of getting it fixed in an upcoming patch.