Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football PC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=687)
-   -   Madden 22 PC (/forums/showthread.php?t=986094)

TarHeelPhenom 06-07-2021 09:07 PM

Madden 22 PC

Any word on whether we get the Next Gen version of 22 on PC this year?

mestevo 06-07-2021 09:13 PM

Re: Madden 22 PC

Nothing yet.

canes21 06-09-2021 10:08 AM

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Given EA's history with the PC version of Fifa, we have more reason to believe it'll a few years before the PC version gets updated than not.

That said, the Fifa user base is a bit different from the Madden base seeing as Madden is much less global. The new consoles are essentially PC's, so relatively speaking it is easier than ever to port over the next gen version to PC's.

I'm going to assume the PC version won't be the next gen version, but will gladly be wrong if EA does update it already. I'll keep my expectations around the PC release low and then anything will seem like a win with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mestevo 06-17-2021 10:10 AM

Looks like it's the ps4/xbox one version again this year.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

canes21 06-17-2021 11:39 AM

I would say if the PC version even sticks around it'll be be Madden 24 when the PC version is updated based off of the history with Fifa on PC, but next year wouldn't be all too crazy either.

Madden 22 was going to be a stretch given EA's record with Fifa, so this isn't all too surprising.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OutSider123 06-17-2021 12:20 PM

We won't get the next gen version until there isn't a last gen version made. They did the same with Fifa for years and years.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 06-17-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutSider123 (Post 2050401202)
We won't get the next gen version until there isn't a last gen version made. They did the same with Fifa for years and years.

If only there were enough PC users to create a huge fuss.
:jpshakehe

m29a 06-17-2021 05:20 PM

Regarding the Fifa history on PC, it is not true that it took years and years to get the higher end version.

While PC did not get the first jump with Fifa 14 , PC did get it a year later with Fifa 15, and it was the same Ignite engine and had the same features as the XB1 and PS4 versions there going on.

You can verify this by going to the wikipedia articles on FIFA 14 and 15 which go into some detail on the engines and versions. I also personally remember it at the time since I used Origin back then too.

With Madden 22, the news is disappointing but I am also not entirely surprised. The past year has had well known (at least within the general PC gaming community) impacts on hardware sales/price jumps/shortages on components.

Another potential factor is that EA likely have data that the vast majority of PC players do not have high end enough equipment to run the new version adequately and it's not completely easy to get hands on a new GPU without being extremely lucky or overpaying massive amounts of what they are worth to get one. Steam hardware survey shows the top 3 most used GPU by a considerable margin are the GTX 1060, GTX 1050 ti, and GTX 1650.

That said, it is also worth mentioning that around 67% are still playing at 1080p. So the differences in power required there compared to 4K is considerable and lesser cards would've likely been mostly okay (who can say for sure though?).

If I had to bet, I believe that in 2022, Madden 23 on PC will align with the newer consoles. I also think that Madden on PC isn't going anywhere because EA needs a regular series on their PC platform to sell their subscription that they push.

Off subject, but as someone who is (perhaps) a bigger fan of basketball I am very interested to see what the NBA 2K22 PC version will be. I am hopeful, considering the jump was also quick last time around after a year (2K15 made the jump) but I am preparing to be disappointed just in case.

Edit: As far as I am aware, Fifa 22 information hasn't yet come out. What happens there on PC can speak about the reasoning behind the decision on this. If Fifa 22 ends up making the jump, then it would indicate Madden on PC hasn't kept up with EA expectations and is less of a priority going forward (if so, again, disappointing). PC gaming has grown a lot (past 5 years especially) and if Madden can't do at least decently well now, it probably never will.